Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
No problem!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
More mods!
Taillights came in. Slapped em on, they worked right away. No fitment issues. Will do the wiring and coding later to get the sequential signals. For the record, the BEC tails DO come with LED reverse lights preinstalled; thought i had read otherwise earlier. Either way, love the look, then again anything beats the OEM tails LOL.

Also, installed an ECS Turbo muffler delete and turbo inlet pipe. The turbo muffler delete was surprisingly not too hard to install, i would recommend removing the battery and tray for clear access however. For a stock car, you do indeed hear a difference, more spoolup and pssh noises. Definately marginal, but its something i wanted to do for when i go full send later on in life.

Also did the turbo inlet pipe, which was easy EXCEPT removing the damn pcv hose. I actually broke mine trying to remove it from the stock TIP, luckily i just so happened to have a spare pcv hose from my MK6 that i was able to swap over, for now. Dumb luck! With all this, cant say i feel the supposed 10hp difference but its all the incremental BS we do to have a little fun. This car will rock once tuned.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Moving way too fast. Just got the stage 1 93, low torque APR flash right now. 61940 miles

And after the drive home i feel kind of underwhelmed. I mean sure it's FASTER... but doesn't really feel faster. Guess i'm just used to my K04 MK6.

Not sure if i wanna risk the clutch and just send it with the high torque stage 1 tune instead, lol.

Maybe i'll save up for the clutch/labor, do that first, then send it.

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Integrated engineering intake is in!

Sounds AMAZING. I know you can achieve the same numbers with modding the stock one but im a sucker for the sound of an open intake.

I also got the reroute for the coolant line but will do that another day.

Sssshhhhhhh-TUSH!!

Last edited:

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Is the coolant hose suppose to just hang like that?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Nah the intake kit comes with another hose so you can route it underneath and all that, but i will do that next time i get bored and want coolant all over my hands haha.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Its funny. I have the 'same intake' on the mk6. It sounds funny. You get instant boost hiss at any throttle input, but the throttle liftoff you always either hear a sigh that sounds kind of like herbert the pervert from family guy, or an awesome su-tu-tu sound kind of like a boomerang. On this car its only hiss and KSHH

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Its funny. I have the 'same intake' on the mk6. It sounds funny. You get instant boost hiss at any throttle input, but the throttle liftoff you always either hear a sigh that sounds kind of like herbert the pervert from family guy, or an awesome su-tu-tu sound kind of like a boomerang. On this car its only hiss and KSHH

Yeah, my 13 gli has a nuespeed open element with a DV+ and it makes some of the coolest sounds when you let off, DV+ on this car is no diff sounding than stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
^yes, hear you there!

Well i got bored this morning and did the different coolant line :D

Also my black & red VW badges came in and I slapped those in. Looking quite good. Now the question is:

WHERE THE FUCK do you find all black GTI badges with ZERO chrome? I could have sworn i saw them years ago but can't find them anymore. I can find the black/red GTI 'Blades' that go on the front fenders but might just peel those off, or fully debage the car.

I hate chrome :)

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Integrated engineering intake is in!

Sounds AMAZING. I know you can achieve the same numbers with modding the stock one but im a sucker for the sound of an open intake.

I also got the reroute for the coolant line but will do that another day.

Sssshhhhhhh-TUSH!!

When I installed my APR intake, I just twisted the clamp at end of the hose so it could easily route below the intake.

Kinda like this https://youtu.be/4oLan2y5Ge4?t=825

It ended up looking like this https://i.imgur.com/G1repQb.jpg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
thanks for the heads up; that's how it did it on my last 7.

But i just did the hose today. It's easy; my only tip for those who are yet to do it:
Have your new hose and clamp ready to swap over
As soon as you pull the stock hose off of the radiator, immediately slide your new hose on.
Saves from a lot of spills.. Whoops. Lol

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Nice build, love the choice in wheels. :D

Curious how your motor mounts are holding up @61k with the 034 insert. Any plans to replace them now that you have the APR tune?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Thanks! I give credit on the wheels to the previous owner but they were a big portion of what made me get the car because i think they are a spot on choice!

The motor mounts definitely feel worn, the motor flops back and forth every time i'm on and off the gas (thought if anything the 034 mount truly helped towards alleviating that issue). So need to decide which new ones to get eventually. Oh well

On another note i came up with the time today to stitch on the steering wheel cover. Oh my what a pain in the ass! I hardly recommend doing this, lol. It looks good in the pics and at a glance but around the edges where it meets the buttons is a nightmare to get right. Theres still some slop but best i could get it for now. At least it makes the wheel look mew and thicker.

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Welp. Debadged. Seriously love the black/red emblems. Did a rear white inlay from kili motors as well to not have the 'black butthole' look.

Just like my mk6 now :D

burchtd

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'17 GTI S
Just noticed you have a ‘save the manuals’ bracelet on your shifter; me too! Great progress thus far, keep it up!