Car(s)
2018 Golf R
*in my best Alicia Keys voice *

🎶THIS POST IS ON FIRE 🎶

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I have a 2018 R. A car that when new is 40k+. No it's no Lamborghini, but high enough for my sake. This car came with more orange peel than the spoiler extension did. Most factory production cars have orange peel to some extent. I was one of the first 10 people to get the spoiler extension. Is it McLaren quality, no. Is it at least to the same standards as the rest of my R, yes. This is what everyone else is saying.

*steps down from soapbox *

I know someone that got a Spektrum R. Before he even drove the car...he had it trailered to get a paint correction done.

When I look at my GTI at an angle with the right light...its orange peel city.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
He’s heating up.

And Jim, you welcome everyone to the forum with their first post. You never did this with me 😢
Sorry I missed your first post. Happy welcome to the forum belatedly. 😂

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Me either. Jim is selective. Apparently
Missed yours also. Happy belated welcome to the forum to you also.

And to anyone else I missed welcome to the forum. 😂

Nobody ever welcomed me. 😢

Probably regret that last line when the reasons I didn't get welcomed start pouring in. 😂

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
You're absolutely correct, I'm done with this issue. The seller doesn't seem willing to correct or even recognize his fitment issues or paint quality and I am just going to live with it. I see constructive criticism as a way to improve and not get smoke blown up my ass. Hopefully renn will take my thoughts into consideration moving forward and improve his product. Either way I'm not a customer of his anymore due to the low quality. if you guys want to put your money where your mouth is and go buy his products. Have fun wet sanding and be sure to bend the brackets on your bumper far enough to make up for the obtuse angle of the diffuser.

The problem is the paint quality isn't an issue. It's kind of just an "That's the way it is" thing. Many people are fine with it. Many aren't. Both are cool. But you can't expect him to correct something that isn't wrong.

The diffuser, I haven't really commented on as I have no first hand experience with it. But what I've seen just in the photos and videos posted by both sides, I'm leaning more towards your side on that one. The overall "fit" looks good, and the finish looks like the best I've seen and closest to the OEM diffuser vs other brands. But the way it is styled and made, it definitely looks like it needs something supporting it up top attaching it to the top of the stock diffuser. Every if it is just drilling two holes in the diffuser by the top corners and fastening it with some bolts.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
wtf lol...let's reel you back in because you asked for it by starting this thread tbh.

First of all, I don't know Renn, nor do I own any of his products. I was also going to pre-order his diffuser but decided to go with Aerofabb for my own personal reasons. You took the gamble, bud. Nobody forced you to take the gamble on a new product from a new company. Also, you do realize your car also came with orange peel? Further, he offered to give you a full refund and pay for return shipping so that he can inspect the product so that he can improve his products yet you keep claiming that he doesn't care? Am I missing something here?

Epoxy it up and carry on and good luck with your future car part purchases.

By the way...would have...not, would of.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Missed yours also. Happy belated welcome to the forum to you also.

And to anyone else I missed welcome to the forum. 😂

Nobody ever welcomed me. 😢

Probably regret that last line when the reasons I didn't get welcomed start pouring in. 😂
We're glad to have you, Jim. Especially @GTIfan99 -I don't think he could live without you. But don't let that get to you, I was all sorts of down while I had a stock clutch as well.