GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rennwagen quality and fitment issues

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
i say the "lack of concern" because you sent me a picture of an ill fitting part on your test car and i'm not trying to put words in your mouth but you did tell me you have had issues with the fitment and there were work arounds. you suggested me to loosen the bolt securing it to my car out almost completly to have the angle correct or i should try to bend the bracket on my car. what you didnt say was "oh shit, i fucked up and tried to sell something that wasnt finished yet, sorry". i have the e-mails that i can screen shot also. the test car you showed me was something that i would describe as ill fitting due to the thing not touching the bumper and not being properly secured to the vehicle and i am able to see the factory bumper in the gap at the top. look i will not be sending it back as now i have two holes drilled into my bumper, i dont want to incure cost to ship this thing back to you and i dont want the hassle of shipping huge boxed in the middle of a pandemic. all i'm asking you to do is fix your product so the future customers arent dissapointed like i am. im still in favor of you as a seller and you have been nothing but politle and agreeable, i just think this has missed the mark on what could be a fantastic product both in the finish of the spoiler and the fitment of the diffuser.

Bruh this is why you don’t buy the first gen of anything. If you’re picky about it why on earth would you order the first generation of a brand new product? Just take the refund if it bothers you. Why are you making a mountain out of a mole hill about this?

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
Did you reach out to him before posting here? Posting about a product issue on a public forum should be the last resort when and only when all other means have been exhausted, hence they saying you attract more bees with honey than you do vinegar. Just my opinion.

The only thing I'm gonna publicly shame the vendor for is not making one for the Sportwagen!
Yeah, I told him and he asked me to send it back to him. I however don't want to pay to send something back that wasn't designed well and I already drilled into my bumper. Why am I getting shit from people who agree the orange peel is insane but I shouldn't expect any better? If everyone agrees the orange peel is terrible maybe he should fix it and maybe he'll sell a few more units. Look I'm not publicly shaming anyone I'm sharing my experience on a forum that talks about experiences. Again, I wished someone would of posted this before I bought these products, because I wouldn't of bought them. let's all admit that the quality of these items aren't great and if I post pictures and asks opinions is shaming someone well I don't know what other place I can ask these questions. If APR released a product this unfinished you guys would be looking for blood, but because this is a nice guy on the forums I shouldnt expect excellent quality. It's not like these things are a bargain and renn's charging a premium for them.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Yeah, I told him and he asked me to send it back to him. I however don't want to pay to send something back that wasn't designed well and I already drilled into my bumper. Why am I getting shit from people who agree the orange peel is insane but I shouldn't expect any better? If everyone agrees the orange peel is terrible maybe he should fix it and maybe he'll sell a few more units. Look I'm not publicly shaming anyone I'm sharing my experience on a forum that talks about experiences. Again, I wished someone would of posted this before I bought these products, because I wouldn't of bought them. let's all admit that the quality of these items aren't great and if I post pictures and asks opinions is shaming someone well I don't know what other place I can ask these questions. If APR released a product this unfinished you guys would be looking for blood, but because this is a nice guy on the forums I shouldnt expect excellent quality. It's not like these things are a bargain and renn's charging a premium for them.
You, sir, have a point.

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I'm sorry if it was not clear before, I never expected for you to pay for the return shipping. If you change your mind, a prepaid return label will be emailed to you.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion

But, did this communication occur before you posted here? Did you privately let him know your feelings on paying return shipping?

Look, I'm not begrudging you for expressing that you have a problem, only that posting this on a public forum should be a last resort. It's a new product created by an enthusiast. Obviously there's gonna be some kinks to work out. If you reached out to him and he told you to get bent, it's open season. As the old saying goes - The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword.

And just to be clear I'm not a customer of his, as he doesn't yet make products for my Alltrack, so I really have no dog on this fight..

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Did you reach out to him before posting here? Posting about a product issue on a public forum should be the last resort when and only when all other means have been exhausted, hence they saying you attract more bees with honey than you do vinegar. Just my opinion.

The only thing I'm gonna publicly shame the vendor for is not making one for the Sportwagen!
I don’t agree with this.

if there is an issue, the community should know - allows people to make more informed decisions. If the vendor makes good; the community should know as well.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I don’t agree with this.

if there is an issue, the community should know - allows people to make more informed decisions. If the vendor makes good; the community should know as well.
Unfortunately Only 5-10% of the people who read the first post/page will make it to the part where the vendor makes good.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
I don’t agree with this.

I respectfully disagree. If there is a problem the vendor should be given every opportunity to make good before posting about it. Posting about a mistake before it’s resolved could scare away potential customers. Many people will not stick out the post to find out whether or not the vendor made good by the customer and just purchase another product.

If you give them a chance to make good by you and they still don’t, then by all means burn them down. But until then be patient and give them a chance to work it out.

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
I'm sorry if it was not clear before, I never expected for you to pay for the return shipping. If you change your mind, a prepaid return label will be emailed to you.
Honestly I don't want to return it. I'm going to remove it when I can get it on my lift next weekend and just epoxy it on. This whole thing has blown way up and my intention was to show it to you and everyone else who is interested in these products and say "this is the finished product". Had the diffuser fit correctly I wouldn't of even brought up the spoiler but being as both of your products got the attention of my wife (who usually doesn't notice things) I feel obligated. From the beginning I stated what my desires were and that was for you to fix this diffuser going forwards as they are easy fixes and fire your powder coating guy. I want you to succeed and I appreciate your talent, I just feel a little annoyed when I could if just bought something else that would of been good out the box and didn't have to wet sand or bend shit. I get you're trying to help and I appreciate it, but moving forwards you got to design something that can be installed with bending brackets or backing out the fasteners that secure it to the car.

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
I respectfully disagree. If there is a problem the vendor should be given every opportunity to make good before posting about it. Posting about a mistake before it’s resolved could scare away potential customers. Many people will not stick out the post to find out whether or not the vendor made good by the customer and just purchase another product.

If you give them a chance to make good by you and they still don’t, then by all means burn them down. But until then be patient and give them a chance to work it out.
What mistake? He sent it out with that much orange peel. A little qc goes a long way here. I'm not blasting him on Amazon this a literally a forum to discuss matters.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
I don’t agree with this.

I respect that, and that is a valid flipside, but sometimes the best customer service is how a problem is handled.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I have a 2018 R. A car that when new is 40k+. No it's no Lamborghini, but high enough for my sake. This car came with more orange peel than the spoiler extension did. Most factory production cars have orange peel to some extent. I was one of the first 10 people to get the spoiler extension. Is it McLaren quality, no. Is it at least to the same standards as the rest of my R, yes. This is what everyone else is saying.

*steps down from soapbox *

Last edited: