GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

REMUS exhaust Anyone?

Go68Fastback

Ready to race!
I'm loooking to buy a catback Remus exhaust system. They now have a nonresonated and a resonated versions. I'm thinking on the non-resonated version.

Any of you guys are running or heard this system? Resonated or not.

Any video clip you can share? Thx.

Go68Fastback

Ready to race!
Yeah I saw those videos but those are resonated systems I wondering if anyone have any nonresonated and if anyone have listening in person

Or if someone can share any Remus experience

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
I have the axle back quad and love the deep exhaust note and build quality and always had Remus on my bike.

Personally I would be careful if going for the non resonated as under power the axle back is loud for anyone sitting in the back seat. Any other driving and it is no noisier than the standard system inside.

davemac122383

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the axle back quad and love the deep exhaust note and build quality and always had Remus on my bike.

Personally I would be careful if going for the non resonated as under power the axle back is loud for anyone sitting in the back seat. Any other driving and it is no noisier than the standard system inside.
Do you have a link for the axle back system? I've never seen an axle back system for our cars. Thanks.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
I got it from an official Remus stockist in Stoke on Trent, I have never seen them advertised but Remus has them on their website and the stockist had no problems getting it. It only took a week to arrive and it was in a huge box along with the rear diffuser in a separate box of large proportions.

Go68Fastback

Ready to race!
:( I can't belive it but I can't find any non resonated remus audio.

I'm really tempted to go non resonated but i would like some opinions from somebody that have heard this system.

I don't mind to be on the louder side actually I rather heard my exahust than buy the resonated version and only hear the exhaust under power.

My mayor concern is to be so loud when cruising let say at 80 mph that I can't even talk and be heard for the people sitting next to me.

So c'mon guys need some help here for the non resonated members :D

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
This sounds like a non resonated one....

https://youtu.be/RS8M0Dxp_MY

IMO it would drone way too much for daily use. I made that mistake years ago thinking it sounds great but after a short time after having the exhaust fitted I wanted to go back to something quieter. My Remus makes the same sounds under moderate power upwards but just cruising around inside is as quiet as stock.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
I know I'm digging up an old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one since there are some replies on here that could be useful.

I just ordered my resonated cat-back system from Remus yesterday. I'll have it in a week or so.

For me, the sound was just perfect. Deep tone, not too loud and gives a nice bump in sound that really compliments the car. I don't really like the blaring sound of some exhausts that I've heard.

This is what I'm getting:
955113 1500 Stainless steel sport exhaust centered for L/R system, tube Ø 70 mm
951401 HES ABS rear diffusor left/right, carbon optic
0046 83CB tail pipe set L/R consisting of 4 tail pipes Ø 84 mm Street Race, black chrome, with adjustable spherical clamp connection
955213 0000 Stainless steel connection tube for mounting on 2.0l TSI
955113 0300 Front Silencer

Here is a video of the exact exhaust I've ordered:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWu0VECbqYo