GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Remove inspection message

bdlPNW

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi folks, tried to remove the inspection message by holding the 0.0 button before starting car and it asks to reset service but it still shows up. What am I doing wrong? Does this only work for oil change message? I tried searching the forums but it says to press the 0.0 button. Help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ACE2

Ready to race!
Mine has oil change reminder and I can't get rid of it either. My dealer did it in front of me one time by pressing that button but I can't figure it out lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Isj

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
Hi folks, tried to remove the inspection message by holding the 0.0 button before starting car and it asks to reset service but it still shows up. What am I doing wrong? Does this only work for oil change message? I tried searching the forums but it says to press the 0.0 button. Help

hold the 0.0 button while ignition off, then turn the ignition on, let go of the button and the service reset message will come up first, just wait a bit and it should change to reset inspection service then you hit the 0.0 button again.

bdlPNW

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok I will try that. Didn't know you had to wait for the message to change

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Does it also reset the trip odometer to 0.0 or does it keep the previous reading? I use VCDS the night before I take it into the dealer. I also run a full scan in case there's any faults that need fixing.