GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Remote Start MK7 GTI, OBD Eleven folks chime in

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
So there's nothing I'm aware of on the market that allows you to maintain the oem security system, you have to bypass KESSY, one way or another. There's a menu option I found within the central electrics section while I was fooling around with OBD Eleven, and before I click it active I figured I'd ask if anyone else had tried it. Are there any VW vehicles that have a factory remote start? If so, what hardware bits do they have that we don't?

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
So there's nothing I'm aware of on the market that allows you to maintain the oem security system, you have to bypass KESSY, one way or another. There's a menu option I found within the central electrics section while I was fooling around with OBD Eleven, and before I click it active I figured I'd ask if anyone else had tried it. Are there any VW vehicles that have a factory remote start? If so, what hardware bits do they have that we don't?

Yes, a few MQBs do come from factory with remote start. Namely the tiguan, Jetta, and atlas at least. I have considered whether this was possible to retrofit before. VW sells factory retrofit kits for the Tiguan models that didn’t come with it. They cost somewhere from $200-400 (don’t have a link, just check VW parts website). It would seem obvious to me that it could retrofitted to our cars with the correct parts, coding, and activation. No one has tried it yet as far as I know and I don’t have the funds to go down a possible rabbit hole but should theoretically be possible given the modular structure of MQB

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Yes, a few MQBs do come from factory with remote start. Namely the tiguan, Jetta, and atlas at least. I have considered whether this was possible to retrofit before. VW sells factory retrofit kits for the Tiguan models that didn’t come with it. They cost somewhere from $200-400 (don’t have a link, just check VW parts website). It would seem obvious to me that it could retrofitted to our cars with the correct parts, coding, and activation. No one has tried it yet as far as I know and I don’t have the funds to go down a possible rabbit hole but should theoretically be possible given the modular structure of MQB
I have homework to do then ?

WhyNotZoidberg?

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2015 TDI

Is remote start an option on any MQBs w/ 3pedals from the factory? AFAIK any attempts at a clutch switch bypass mod have been futile.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Is remote start an option on any MQBs w/ 3pedals from the factory? AFAIK any attempts at a clutch switch bypass mod have been futile.
I've got a dsg, we can burn that bridge when we get to it ? there isn't a way to code a bypass for the clutch switch? Why not wire a ground to the e brake handle, so when you park the car, e bdake up, it'd show the clutch being in? Is that a monumentally stupid idea? I'd imagine there's a reason no one's done it.

WhyNotZoidberg?

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2015 TDI
I've got a dsg, we can burn that bridge when we get to it ? there isn't a way to code a bypass for the clutch switch? Why not wire a ground to the e brake handle, so when you park the car, e bdake up, it'd show the clutch being in? Is that a monumentally stupid idea? I'd imagine there's a reason no one's done it.

Unfortunately it's not just a wire to short 2 pins, VW made it as complicated as humanly possible..

Here's a post about it, you can read more in the same thread:

https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/so-long-baby-another-15-bricked.363548/post-7296365

WhyNotZoidberg?

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2015 TDI
Dunno if it's a "german" thing, since on my old BMW 540 it was exactly a wire short of 2 pins, I think it was the same on Mk6 Golfs ;)

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
E39's had a rudimentary, very limited CAN-BUS. Audis have been using it for everything for a decade and a half.