GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Remap or not

mattyfish16

So being a new GTD owner and after reading lots of stuff on here..... Do I remember?

My car is on a pcp and although I'm giving it back I feel it's worth doing the map, however will VW know come service time?

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
DTUK tuning box probably best option. Easy to fit, easy to remove when the car goes back and if you get another after you can put it on that.

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Tuning box or remap, both will leave a trace. If they decide to go looking.

Come service time, I flash mine back to stock.

Rappy:cool:

pedg

Personally I wouldn't bother. The GTD is fast enough for me as it comes, and if i'd wanted to go faster I'd have bought a Golf R, or maybe something like and M4 or a RS4 Avant. I can't see the point in buying a car you're not happy with right from the word go.

just my 2p!

GP

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Personally I wouldn't bother. The GTD is fast enough for me as it comes, and if i'd wanted to go faster I'd have bought a Golf R, or maybe something like and M4 or a RS4 Avant. I can't see the point in buying a car you're not happy with right from the word go.

just my 2p!

GP

It isn't about that though. There is a significant increase in torque and power yes but you get smoother delivery especially in automatics and better fuel economy. Once you have a car re-mapped you wouldn't want to drive it standard again.;) Oh and you would save your 2p on the first drive.:D