GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recommendations for LED reverse bulbs - GTD

GTD184

Ready to race!
Hi Guys

I have recently sourced some LED bulbs to upgrade the interior sun shade, glove box and boot light on my wife's GTD. Has anyone purchased replacements for the incandescent reversing light bulbs?.......and if so could you recommend a reputable supplier?

All recommndations gladly received;)

I bought these to replace the front indicator bulbs! but they turned out not to be bright enough, so I put them into the reverse lights. To be honest, they are not really good enough there, either! The reverse lights, as standard, seem pretty poor for seeing with anyway, so some super bright led's would help some.

The led's do give a cleaner white light, so good from that side, but, as said, not an improvement in illumination.

GTD184

Ready to race!
I bought these to replace the front indicator bulbs! but they turned out not to be bright enough, so I put them into the reverse lights. To be honest, they are not really good enough there, either! The reverse lights, as standard, seem pretty poor for seeing with anyway, so some super bright led's would help some.

The led's do give a cleaner white light, so good from that side, but, as said, not an improvement in illumination.

Hi talk torque thanks for your reply and honest opinion. I was only browsing your posts last night (and a few others) to ascertain a supplier for the reversing light LEDs and I did come across the eBay page as you referred to but thought they might be too long.

I seen a post with a forum member from OZ referring to 'projector' type LEDs which appear quite expensive, more so if they do not give the desired effect or illumination.

I know the jaguar XF uses LED reversing lights but I presume these are a fitted light panel as opposed to separate LED bulbs......my search continues!

Silvadadi

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Guys

I have recently sourced some LED bulbs to upgrade the interior sun shade, glove box and boot light on my wife's GTD. Has anyone purchased replacements for the incandescent reversing light bulbs?.......and if so could you recommend a reputable supplier?

All recommndations gladly received;)

What did you go for in the end?