GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recaro Sporster CS install mk7 gti

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Got my airbag light deletes in yesterday from @StorableComa and poof the light went away. I wish I knew about that route months ago and it would’ve saved me a headache and some cash.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Getting tired of the airbag light. How much for someone to make one?

It’s code B100b1b Driver Thorax airbag igniter that I’m getting.

Unless someone knows how to code it out?
I've been making these for a while now. Have supplied to many on here. can order on my site www dot track-hack dot com
Also have rail sensors and occupancy sensors.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Heard from Recaro and my sportsters are shipping out next week !! So stoked !! Ok I need to get rail sensors and airbag cancellers on the way, and I guess seat harnesses? I might forego seat heating for now cuz Im impatient lol. Also found out the brackets I am getting are the planted technology ones. They will sit taller than the flat Corbeau brackets I tried first, but probably not high enough for my taste. Tackle that obstacle later, Im just glad Recaro is about to ship !!

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Looking for a little clarity. Some have mentioned that the grey ground wire in the seat harness has to be connected or they get an airbag error - Do you also have to swap over the passenger module under the seat with installing the new occupancy sensor/heating pad on NAR vehicles? I thought just the occupancy sensor, seat airbag resistors, an passenger harness(Comes with rail sensor installed) was all that was needed?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Looking for a little clarity. Some have mentioned that the grey ground wire in the seat harness has to be connected or they get an airbag error - Do you also have to swap over the passenger module under the seat with installing the new occupancy sensor/heating pad on NAR vehicles? I thought just the occupancy sensor, seat airbag resistors, an passenger harness(Comes with rail sensor installed) was all that was needed?
It is written elsewhere in this forum, but yes, the grey wire has to be grounded. If you look under an OEM seat, it is grounded there as well.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
It is written elsewhere in this forum, but yes, the grey wire has to be grounded. If you look under an OEM seat, it is grounded there as well.
So then you have to move the passenger Module along with have a heating pad/occupancy sensor?

Looking at my passenger harness that wire just loops back into the controller connector and isn't connected in any way to the occupancy sensor connection.

20230301_110455.jpg
1677697669776.png

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
yours looks different than mine? Odd. Cloth seats or leather?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Fabric. It's for a 2019 GTI with the newer Red connectors for the body connection.

I've got the passenger harness and the heating pad/occupancy sensor. Harness comes with the rail sensor and I've already got the seat airbag resistor ready to go. I was just curious if the module needed to be moved over as well as it wasn't mentioned anywhere, but I did think I saw a picture of one zip-tied earlier in the thread IIRC- I'd have to go back and look.

20230227_202315.jpg
rn_image_picker_lib_temp_e1126857-87e8-4c20-a4e4-4753c01d8e4d.png

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Yes gray wire is a ground and needs to be grounded or you will get a Occupancy sensor ground fault.

Is that the passenger seat occupancy module ziptied under the seat? Does that need to be moved over as well when installing the new pad?

@El_bigote_AJ You've got a '19 right? Did you move over the module under the seat or just install the harness, resistor and a new heatingpad/sensor on the passenger side?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Fabric. It's for a 2019 GTI with the newer Red connectors for the body connection.

I've got the passenger harness and the heating pad/occupancy sensor. Harness comes with the rail sensor and I've already got the seat airbag resistor ready to go. I was just curious if the module needed to be moved over as well as it wasn't mentioned anywhere, but I did think I saw a picture of one zip-tied earlier in the thread IIRC- I'd have to go back and look.

View attachment 274572View attachment 274573
I had to move the module on mine.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP