GOLFMKV

Recaro Sporster CS install mk7 gti

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs

Navi

Autocross Champion
The occupancy sensor is built into the heating pad for both sides. And you need both. and you need both driver and passenger seat harness. And you need resistor for each side. And you need rail sensor for both side which is part of the harness. I know bc I was the first to do this 4 years ago. I’ve been air bag light free since. Also, my passenger seat belt light works for the Recaro. It blinks when someone one is in the seat unbelted. Goes off once they click in. Oem as fuck.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
The driver side does not have an occupancy sensor, only the pass side - I followed this thread guidance and swapped the full harnesses for both seated and put the passenger seat heater bottom pad *only on my corbeau and the passenger air bag on/off feature works as oem the way noted above.

Driver side i only made sure the rail sensor stayed on the harness and did the air bag resistors.

Navi

Autocross Champion
You might be right. I did it so long ago that I don’t remember. I had put the heating pad in both seats anyway because I wanted heated Recaros. I know for sure passenger side had the sensor built in bc I remember thinking the parts guy at my local dealer was full of shit lol. I could have sworn driver side had one also but not certain.

Navi

Autocross Champion
F22BD534-1AFA-4F6B-8A27-1E3320A13B69.jpeg
C628F93A-6FD9-405B-B672-D50B18742960.jpeg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Navi, would you mind terribly posting a parts list ? I thought I had everything but I guess not.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Navi, would you mind terribly posting a parts list ? I thought I had everything but I guess not.
If you have the yellow resistor for the seat airbag canceller, then you need a driver's rail position sensor. You can either remove this from your harness and tuck it away, or buy the rail sensor only unit that matches your part number. You can then pin that in and tuck it away leaving the seats whole for resale.

If doing passenger side you'll need the occupancy sensory as well. If either driver or any of the 3 passenger sensors or canceller are missing it'll disable all the airbags.

Not my website, but more Info and a ready product here.
https://track-hack.com/products/airbag-canceller-for-fitting-racing-seat-all-mqb

Also has rail sensors and such. I have the airbag cancellers, but am currently working on the rail and occupancy sensors with a few users as R&D and prototyping as if yet.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Anyone know the difference between these and the GTI versions? It doesn’t appear to matter for cloth vs pleather since it’s the same part number for both. I’m guessing I should go this route since I have a golf Sportwagen?

CE7ADF9C-57A5-463D-8434-CEE8BFD087A7.png

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Found my box of seat stuff. I have:

2 of: 5GM-963-557-C (seat back)
a left over yellow repair wire. I used the other one to make the 2 needed cancellers, however those are missing.

So I need the 2 bottom heater pads that have the occupancy sensor, and 2 rail sensors?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Found my box of seat stuff. I have:

2 of: 5GM-963-557-C (seat back)
a left over yellow repair wire. I used the other one to make the 2 needed cancellers, however those are missing.

So I need the 2 bottom heater pads that have the occupancy sensor, and 2 rail sensors?
If you can wait, I wouldn't worry about repair wires and just order the connector from Ali. They come pre terminated most times with either stranded copper, or stranded tinned copper wire. They're a bit cheaper than just buying the connecter from the dealer, the trade is you have to wait about a month for them to show up.

Occupancy sensor is just for the passenger side. Drivers side would just be the heating pad if you wanted to install it for your own comfort. Then yes, you'll need two rail sensors, one for each seat.

I'll probably be signing up for a partslink24 account to run the vins on a few of the cars i'm assisting with building kits for, shoot me yours and I'll grab your rail sensor and occupancy sensor part numbers for you.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
If you can wait, I wouldn't worry about repair wires and just order the connector from Ali. They come pre terminated most times with either stranded copper, or stranded tinned copper wire. They're a bit cheaper than just buying the connecter from the dealer, the trade is you have to wait about a month for them to show up.

Occupancy sensor is just for the passenger side. Drivers side would just be the heating pad if you wanted to install it for your own comfort. Then yes, you'll need two rail sensors, one for each seat.

I'll probably be signing up for a partslink24 account to run the vins on a few of the cars i'm assisting with building kits for, shoot me yours and I'll grab your rail sensor and occupancy sensor part numbers for you.
thanks, will pm