GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recaro Sporster CS install mk7 gti

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
So I'm putting these in driver side only, I'll transfer over the rail position sensor as well as do the 3.3ohm resistor? Anything else? Will be using a Sparco/Planted base and Recaro sidemount/sliders. Seat belt receptacle I'm reusing from my stock seat (low budget), I hope they fit.

1630697244760.png

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
So I'm putting these in driver side only, I'll transfer over the rail position sensor as well as do the 3.3ohm resistor? Anything else? Will be using a Sparco/Planted base and Recaro sidemount/sliders. Seat belt receptacle I'm reusing from my stock seat (low budget), I hope they fit.

View attachment 224436

I thought only the passenger side had the sensor..??...

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I just picked up a cloth Sportster. How did ya'll take off the fabric? I want to lay down heaters for it. Thanks in advance. Especially to all the folks who've went ahead and did this install.

View attachment 227731
You lucky.... I had to settle for Corbeau's

mmdb

Drag Racing Champion
You lucky.... I had to settle for Corbeau's
I wouldn't say that so much. I'm not wow'd by the quality of this seat's fabric. The bolsters are a bit more functional than stock as far as holding the driver into the seat vs the slippery stock leather. I've yet to settle on the purchase, but initially I was contemplating about selling it. I'll give it a honest try first however. The Corbeau's look nice. You're not missing out IMO.

Did you get a deal on the cloth Sportster GT? If so where from?

Nope no deal. I paid 400$ less vs the leather one. I was told the leather version crack over time. I figure I'll just get cloth and call it a day. I paid retail.

https://www.urotuning.com/products/recaro-sportster-cs-driver-seat?variant=37794214576321

Last edited:

vstypicals

Ready to race!
Car(s)
N/A
Seat rail position sensor off the top of my head
02.png

Is this the connector for the front crash sensor? I'm getting the following error below, and I'm trying to diagnose what the issue is. I've swapped passenger/driver crash sensors (the ones by the IC/radiator), and the error persisted to be on the passenger side. It is likely a wiring issue. I did do a lot of engine work including depinning an MPI, but I don't know if that's related. I plugged the connector above and the error didn't change. When I disconnected the yellow connector in the middle, I got 2x "airbag resistance" errors.

Any ideas?

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Is this the connector for the front crash sensor? I'm getting the following error below, and I'm trying to diagnose what the issue is. I've swapped passenger/driver crash sensors (the ones by the IC/radiator), and the error persisted to be on the passenger side. It is likely a wiring issue. I did do a lot of engine work including depinning an MPI, but I don't know if that's related. I plugged the connector above and the error didn't change. When I disconnected the yellow connector in the middle, I got 2x "airbag resistance" errors.

Any ideas?

None of those connectors are for the front crash sensor. I believe that one is for the seatbelt buckle.

fzi124

Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
Hi guys, I've been wanting to do this for a while now. Got myself a Recaro Profi XL seat and have OEM heated pads set up and working. I am ran into a problem with the airbag connector housing. I checked the airbag connector housing under my OEM seat (2018 Golf R) and it looks like the one in Image 1 (with the watermark). I ordered the 4h0972773 part from VW and got the connector in Image 2 (added wires and 3.3 ohm 1/4W 5% resistor). I am running into the issue where the connector will not fit and lock properly onto the male end. My thoughts are because the black push/pull to release tabs have a different locking pattern?

Has anyone ran into this issue?

Other than that, seat is ready to get installed.

1636482341121.png
254371628_2192183104254834_2499612809588722898_n.jpg
IMG_0493.jpg
IMG_0490.jpg

HelloNewman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7
Has anyone tried replicating the OEM sportster CS by swapping over the cloth material from the oem seats into the inserts? Is that even a possibility or would you have to source new cloth? Not even sure where to find that tbh.