GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recaro Sporster CS install mk7 gti

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Always loved the Sportsters!

Had set of Leather/Alcantara pole positions in my r53 mini cooper years back.
Crazy amount of weight reduction going to these after market seats.

If i could get some sportsters with the gti plaid inlaid, the cost of the seats and the divorce would be worth it to me....

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion

Wow, that is a thing of beauty! Super jealous! Great work. :D

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Wow...those are some drool worthy seats.

I had some Recaro SRD, Sparco Torino, Pro 2000, Konig SK5000...waaay back in the day. Aftermarket seats can provide a pretty big difference when it comes to gaining more control over the car.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
It kind of looks like it in the pictures, but are the Recaros' seatbacks thinner than stock seats? As in the rear passengers will get more leg room using the Recaros up front?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Nice. Glad you got it. Sure is nice driving a VW/Audi around with no air bag light. I literally asked 10 different people on various audi and vw forums and everyone just lived with the warning light on. Peace out to that lol. And now the passenger front air bag will work, god forbid, if needed.

Navi,

How did you do the seat belts ?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
which belts? the harness or the oem? Either way, I measured the length needed for an ARP bolt that would go through the harness bar bracket, seatbelt, and harness lap belt.

Harness, do you have any close up shots of where they bolt up at ? Maybe I missed it in your build thread.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone got this mythical light on the diy for fixing the seat belt light? I've got a lot of free time on my hands all of a sudden lol.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Interesting find here and have been looking through the needed items to do this. Ordered the Clubsport S rear seat delete for my 2 door S and think it is only reasonable to do the front seat swap next. What challenges did you all experience executing this?

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
seat back heaters driver/passenger: 5GM963557B
seat cushion heater passenger: 5GM963555G
seat cushion heater driver: 5GM963555C
air bag connector part number: 4H0972773
driver seat harness: 5GM971391R
passenger seat harness: 5GM971392AC
wire for air bag connector: 000979159E
resistor: 3.3 ohms 1/4W, 5%, purchased from amazon

I would verify the part numbers with a dealer though. Especially the seat harness because those were very hard to find and I was lucky that the harness have the part number attached to them under the seat. The passenger cushion heat pad has the passenger occupancy sensor built into it. So that is not a separate part.

Navi, can you please supply the part numbers necessary for the fabric GTI seats?

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
Interested in eventually buying Sportster GT's in black cloth. For a base 1.8T Sportwagen with cloth interior, , it sounds like one would need:

GTI/R passenger/driver heaters for back & cushion, air bag plugs/wires/resistors, and seat harnesses for driver & passenger (unless I strip them from the stockers)?

@Navi any part numbers different from above if I reused my stock harnesses? @vw671, which Ebay sliders did you use if not Recaro branded? Looks like you both used planted technology brackets. How is seat height compared to stock? Thanks!

giannis agg

hi from Greece I have golf r mk7.5 and I want to put recaro’s sportster cs Without airbags but I don’t want the airbag fault... must be buy the recaro airbag resistor or can I fix it with different method?