GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

rear wheel wobble

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
Hey everyone, Need some help so couple of weeks ago had someone tell me my rear wheels were wobbling, checked and you can see they visibly wobble when rotated. Replaced both rear wheel hub/bearings and still have the wobble. Wondering what else I should check. It's a 17 gti autobahn running 18x8.5 et45 neuspeed rse10 with 10mm h&R spacers stoptech slotted rotors ebc red stuff pads. Don't feel any movement while driving but can see visible movement. Thanks for the help.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
yes im sure the spacers are seated flush even tried to remove them and put wheel back on but still wobble not as noticeable but still there.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Have you mounted the wheels on a balancing machine to see if they are bent? It sounds to me like the wheels are bent.... How are you doing the tire rotation?

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
Have you mounted the wheels on a balancing machine to see if they are bent? It sounds to me like the wheels are bent.... How are you doing the tire rotation?
One of the wheels had a crack and had that fixed when they fixed that they said they wheel was slightly bent so they fixed that too.

For the rotation I just rotated them when I got the wheel fixed about a month and half ago I’m ps4s will be switching to my winter set up next month.

Roald

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI mk 7 2017
I would be checking for bent wheels.
Since the fronts aren't wobbling....swap the fronts and backs and see where the wobble ends up.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
Since the fronts aren't wobbling....swap the fronts and backs and see where the wobble ends up.
I’m thinking it’s the wheels but wasn’t for sure if there was anything else that could be causing the issue besides the wheel or hub.

Baka

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2014 GTI PP

This, my bent wheel was way more noticeable on the front.

You'd barely know on the back, but as soon as I rotated the wheels you definitely wouldn't miss it.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
This, my bent wheel was way more noticeable on the front.

You'd barely know on the back, but as soon as I rotated the wheels you definitely wouldn't miss it.
Yeah they only way I knew I had an issue was someone pulled up next time and told me they were wobbly.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
So swapped wheels to stock wheels with dsw06+ 235/40/18 no spacers and still have wobble. Can’t see it as much as with with other set of wheels. Any suggestions before I end up taking it to a shop?