GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear wheel bearing question and spacer question ?

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
So I'm getting ready to replace my rear wheel bearings/hub and other then finding one kit on ecs anybody got any other suggestions. Was looking on eBay but wasn't for sure which ones I needed. I know I also need to replace the bolt to hold the hub on, dust cap, and the brake hardware bolts. Anything else I should be swapping out at same time or upgrading while I have the rear up there? Thanks for the help.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
If you have a golf / GTI I have two SKF wheel bearings for sale.

Normally, I would replace the wheel bearing bolt and dust cap.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
If you have a golf / GTI I have two SKF wheel bearings for sale.

Normally, I would replace the wheel bearing bolt and dust cap.
Pm sent

I plan to replace the whee bearing bolt dust cap and the caliper bolts and carrier bolts also when doing it.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
So going to post in here first anyone know of a 10mm spacer that doesn't require you to remove the dust cap on the rear wheels. I have neuspeed rse10 18x8.5 et 45 and when I run 245/40/18 need the spacers so I don't run on fuel filler neck. If not how close does a 15mm spacer push the tire to the fender any rubbing issues run ps4s. If neither options work will have to drop down to 235/40/18. Thanks for the helps again.

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
H&R make two versions of their 10mm spacers. One of them fits on the rear without issue, I use them for my RSE10s.

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
Thanks and you didn’t have to remove the dust cap to get these to fit correct?
I did not have to remove anything, they fit with no issues.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
I did not have to remove anything, they fit with no issues.

Ok thanks I ended up picking up a set of the black ones changing out wheel bearing tomorrow and hopefully get tire mounted again so I can get everything installed but looked to fit good