GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear VW symbol hatch opener w/ rearview camera SOLD!

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Fully functional hatch opener with rearview camera assembly. $165 shipped OBO SOLD for $150
Pulled from a Golf R but works and is plug-n-play with GTI and Golf. I tested the functionality on my GTI.
Selling because I bought this one thinking my unit was defective, but the wiring on my GTI was corroded from a water leak.
After cutting out the bad wires and resoldering good ones, my opener and rearview camera worked. I also hooked up this unit to test for functionality and it worked too.
4FED0E77-F1C7-44B3-A7EB-DECC35EE74B1.jpeg

C27400E1-6D42-40C2-96D1-85F238C2FA9D.jpeg

F878C452-642C-48AE-BC51-55133549FB05.jpeg

Last edited:

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
But don’t base model GTI & Golfs require a full wiring be done to connect this?

huh?
Just unplug the existing connectors with the cut up wires on the item I am selling and plug in the connectors from your Golf/GTI/R into the item I am selling.
Whoever pulled this item did not both to unplug anything and just cut the wires from the car. When I received the item, I unplugged the existing connectors with dead wires, and plugged it into my GTI that I fixed, and the item I am selling worked perfectly. Therefore I no longer need this fully functioning item and I am selling it here.

Last edited:

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
But don’t base model GTI & Golfs require a full wiring be done to connect this?
I also have a base model GTI, my cousin also had a base model Golf and Both cars were equipped with rearview camera. In other words, both cars used this exact assembly which I am selling.