GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear turn signal problem.

Jasoneon

Passed Driver's Ed
It’s a 2017 gti sport, bought it used with 6k miles in Jan of 18. I just recently figured out that my rear turn signals both blink when I have the left or right signal on and the brakes pressed. When I’m not hitting the brakes the signals work correctly. After purchasing the car I later learned it had a tune and DSG on it so I’m guessing the previous owner did something with vagcom or something trying to change something with the lighting. I’ve never messed with vagcom but does this sound like something that can be fixed with it? I haven’t notice any other oddities with lighting or anything.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
That sounds like a coding issue of Leuchte20 and Leuchte21. Do you have access to either VCDS or OBDeleven?

Jasoneon

Passed Driver's Ed
That sounds like a coding issue of Leuchte20 and Leuchte21. Do you have access to either VCDS or OBDeleven?
OBDeleven is what I meant to say rather than vagcom. I can get an Obdeleven. Friend actually gave me one but it’s for android and I’ve got an iPhone. I was just hoping I could find some info on what to look for or how to revert it back to stock or however it works. Thanks

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Factory settings should be:

Please check line by line, because of BCM light channel priorities it's important to have the values in the right order. If it helps share pics of your vehicle's Leuchte20/21 settings.

1683643653306.png

Jasoneon

Passed Driver's Ed
Pics are how it was setup. Looks like one the first 3 things changed on Leuchte20 and 21. However, I changed them to the values in the chart above, and now when I press the brakes the left turn signal still flashes both sides (hazards) but the right turn signal does nothing.

Attachments

• IMG_8155.png
    IMG_8155.png
    125.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8156.png
    IMG_8156.png
    119 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8158.png
    IMG_8158.png
    126.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8160.png
    IMG_8160.png
    113.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8162.png
    IMG_8162.png
    124 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8164.png
    IMG_8164.png
    116.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8166.png
    IMG_8166.png
    124.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_8168.png
    IMG_8168.png
    111.4 KB · Views: 28

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Lichtfunktion C21 is currently set to „Blinken links Dunkelphase“. Links=left, since Leuchte21 is the outer right tail light it needs to be set to „Blinken RECHTS Dunkelphase“ instead. Rechts=right. Does that make sense?

Jasoneon

Passed Driver's Ed
Lichtfunktion C21 is currently set to „Blinken links Dunkelphase“. Links=left, since Leuchte21 is the outer right tail light it needs to be set to „Blinken RECHTS Dunkelphase“ instead. Rechts=right. Does that make sense?
I noticed that after I posted it. I found a different listing for the light codes that I attached here, changed everything to that (which I think is how it was) other than what you just mentioned above. Thanks a lot for your help.