GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear Sway Bar alignment question

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
I had a knock/noise when I initially did mine. When I followed the instructions in the video (post #11) above of putting suspension under load and then torque bolts it resolved my issue.

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
so sounds like the concensus is replace them while you are there?
also n00b question, the Moog links are just steel link? Only adv over OEM is durability?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I run a 27mm with moog

Edit: sorry looked at what you said, i think its hit or miss the stock endlinks are plastic junk, you might be able to get away with those for a bit but they usually tend to pop/creak after a bit of wear n tear.

I'm still using the stock end links with a Neuspeed 24mm rear sway bar. 109,000 miles.

turbojzrr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
they are out of stock on the MOOG links now.
thinking about getting a 25mm RSB - anyone run that size with stock end links ?

trying to save $ if i can. thanks

Im in the same boat. Moog is sold out everywhere. I put an order in anyway at summit yesterday. Originally it claimed delivery date of Jan 10 but I checked just now and it says delivery Dec 10, so my fingers are crossed.

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
Im in the same boat. Moog is sold out everywhere. I put an order in anyway at summit yesterday. Originally it claimed delivery date of Jan 10 but I checked just now and it says delivery Dec 10, so my fingers are crossed.
did you order? I was thinking about trying my luck to run without new endlinks, last time i was under the car things are pretty clean and seems to be in shape.

it now says 1/4

turbojzrr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
did you order? I was thinking about trying my luck to run without new endlinks, last time i was under the car things are pretty clean and seems to be in shape.

it now says 1/4

ordered with Summit Racing 2 days ago

1607039491600.png