GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear seat removal issue

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I am trying to remove the rear seats to install a 4 point harness. I can’t get the isofix child seat latch covers to budge. Everything I’ve seen read says just to push down on logo to get them to unlatch, then pull forward. I pushed down on them as hard as I could, and nothing. Anyone else run into this issue or have a trick? Do they even need to come out to remove the seat cushion?

broadbean

Passed Driver's Ed
I just did that this afternoon to remove the rear bench. Have you managed to remove anything? There’s also a black plastic surround in addition to the bit in the middle (for each latch). Check out some YouTube videos on removing the back seats.

S-4Motion

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf Sportwagen 4Mo
I am trying to remove the rear seats to install a 4 point harness. I can’t get the isofix child seat latch covers to budge. Everything I’ve seen read says just to push down on logo to get them to unlatch, then pull forward. I pushed down on them as hard as I could, and nothing. Anyone else run into this issue or have a trick? Do they even need to come out to remove the seat cushion?
I was able to squeeze my rear seats out of my 19 wagon without taking the covers off, but I have the base model cloths so I'm not sure how different it is for GTI rear seats.
I found this image of the latch covers if that helps.
s-l1600-1.jpg

broadbean

Passed Driver's Ed
I had another go when I put the bench back in. Easiest is to first remove the middle part, then press on the lighter colored logo on the bigger one as the pic above.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Yea the first small black piece comes out no problem, it’s the second piece with the j hook latch that doesn’t want to budge. I will try again today.