GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear light pins question.

Style

Car(s)
Golf MK7 1.2 TSI
Hello everyone!

I'm going to keep it snappy.
I drive an old Golf MK7 1.2 TSI from 2013 that i'm looking to freshen up a bit by changing the rear lights, currently the car has the original halogen lights (see below)

halogen.jpg

and i'm looking to change them for a set of these (these are also original, see below)

mk7 facelift.jpg

I already have the cable adapters but i just want to make sure that these don't cause a short because the source i got them from well... is china..
So my question is: does anyone have pin diagram for the old lights and for the newer ones shown above?
I've added some more info/pictures of the newer lights down below.

OL-OR Pin locations.jpg

IL-IR Pins.jpg

In case these pics decide not to show up (as is the case some times on forums)
here are the product codes:

Outer Left - 5G0.945.095.Q
Inner Left - 5G0.945.093.AG
Inner Right - 5G0.945.094.AG
Outer Right - 5G0.945.096.Q

Whoever manages to point me in the right direction and help me out i will donate 10 euros (12 USD) to your paypal account for your effort.

Thank you for your time!
Highly appreciated!

Last edited:

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
That's a pretty simple task.
1629790047280.png

Each running light (Pin4 of 8pin connector) of the outer tails needs to be connected to each inner tail running light (green wires on my pic). Therefore you have two options:
1. You can connect a 0,5mm² wire to each inner tail light and run it through the hatch grommets to each outer tail
2. Behind the driver side C-Pillar the main wiring runs up to the hatch door wiring. Out of all white wires you could identify (Multimeter) the two wires that go to the hatch door running lights left and right and connect the wires there too.

Does that make sense?

Here are the coding changes:

1629790752863.png

Style

Car(s)
Golf MK7 1.2 TSI
View attachment 223521
Each running light (Pin4 of 8pin connector) of the outer tails needs to be connected to each inner tail running light (green wires on my pic). Therefore you have two options:
1. You can connect a 0,5mm² wire to each inner tail light and run it through the hatch grommets to each outer tail
2. Behind the driver side C-Pillar the main wiring runs up to the hatch door wiring. Out of all white wires you could identify (Multimeter) the two wires that go to the hatch door running lights left and right and connect the wires there too.

Does that make sense?

View attachment 223522
that is the info i was looking for! thank you very much! i have obdeleven and i havent done any coding changes like that before.. going to see if i can make all of the changes listed.

going to report back in a few days. thanks again...
ps: pm me your paypal. ;)

Brocollibuzzer

Car(s)
Golf mk7
View attachment 223521

Does that make sense?

View attachment 223522
Hi ZERO815

i am doing the same retrofit above and followed the instruction. However i am hitting this error which i have no idea why. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 9F94857A-FA97-4C1A-A858-BAB3A40E88BE.jpeg
    9F94857A-FA97-4C1A-A858-BAB3A40E88BE.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 91

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Does everything work except for the fault? Can you share the current coding of Leuchte21 please? Especially what is the value for Lasttyp21?

Brocollibuzzer

Car(s)
Golf mk7
Does everything work except for the fault? Can you share the current coding of Leuchte21 please? Especially what is the value for Lasttyp21?
Hi Zero815

yes everything works fine just that i am getting the error. The coding is exactly the same as what was given above.