GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear license plate screw size

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Good find. In the "old" days I used a toothpick or the aforementioned twist tie after they were invented. :)

I liked the idea of the twist ties. I tried it but the screws ended up cutting the wire or wasnt snug enough.

The product I bought works like a charm. Bend it in half and it hooks securely in place in the hole. The textured surface really grips the screw also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
The license plate screws used on the rear plate of my '21 GTI appear to be VW OEM parts per Internet photo seen below. I haven't had time to shop for a suitable frame and don't want the license plate to scratch my paint in the interim. I bought some rubber grommets at Lowes to stand the plate off from my paint, so wanted slightly longer screws. After a lot of messing around in stores today, I find that the VW screws are 8 x 1/2 Washer Head, Phillips, Black. I bought a pack of 8 x 3/4 Pan Head, Phillips, Black Chromate at Lowes and they thread in the existing holes very well. I like the washer head look, so may seek some black washers.

1614558166396.png