GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

rear headrest options

91rss

Passed Driver's Ed
other than the 2010 wagons for the lower style headrests, what options do we have to look around for thx

Last edited:

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
What is "10 wagons"?

I used Audi A4 headrests for my red stitched leather, I believe they were from B7 variant (2004-2009). No red stitching, but I only notice because I know. Look great and much improved visibility while maintaining functionality. Also nice you don't have to move the front seats up when lowering the seats to get sufficient headrest clearance (its the little things our mods do:)). Sometimes have to educate passengers to adjust headrests by moving up. Very reasonable $66 for the set.

Attachments

• headrest3.JPG
    headrest3.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 2,413
Last edited:

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
other than the 10 wagons for the lower style headrests, what options do we have to look around for thx

If you want OEM Euro ones, they are spendy, but worth it to me anyway. I just picked up the GTI leatherette ones from E-Acca (cheapest source) - €285 for the pair (~$435 CAD) shipped. The Euro exchange rate is better than the USD to CAD rate right now.

Not sure what trim you have and whether it is leather or cloth, you can try to find the part # from the link below if you're interested.

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_singl...bcategory/885080/part_id/3693012/lang/e#sec_8

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
So what is the latest update on where to get headrests?

2018 GTI... anything I see, says MK7 up to 2017?
E-Acca. I got them locally for much cheaper but they are still worth it.

zinfamous

Go Kart Newbie
thanks for the bump.

I have a contact in Latvia and was looking for some personal shipment, but then thought hell, Canada, so I started searching there today as well. Will check out that sight.

So far, I think I can get the actual GTI Leather trim low profile shipped to the US, from Europe, for about $500 total, but going to keep looking...

zinfamous

Go Kart Newbie
E-Acca. I got them locally for much cheaper but they are still worth it.

any part numbers or whatever?....also, all I get is Cyrillic when I search that site....

I assumed that Canadian VWs got the Euro interior trim (headrests anyway, no? )

EDIT: holy crap, no thanks then. I see this is also in Latvia, and I'd rather go through my Latvian friends to get this done directly and not a Russian company in Latvia, lol.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

No Canada gets the same headrests as the US.[emoji53]

zinfamous

Go Kart Newbie

ah damn, thanks. sorry for my drunken replay in that last post, lol. that's how I get.

I'm actually on the phone to Liepaja right now, haha. ...things get heated, for various reasons.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
any part numbers or whatever?....also, all I get is Cyrillic when I search that site....

EDIT: holy crap, no thanks then. I see this is also in Latvia, and I'd rather go through my Latvian friends to get this done directly and not a Russian company in Latvia, lol.

Their website is in English, too. I used both versions.

zinfamous

Go Kart Newbie

Their website is in English, too. I used both versions.

Just to clarify, this should be the proper part # of the outers, right?

5G0885901AF BKX

Even translated to English, entering that part into the website order doesn't give me an English confirmation of what it is, or a photo. I wanted to do some pricing through them and then see if I can get it cheaper through my people over there.

Any idea what the part number is for the matching center headrest?