GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear hatch trim reinstall help

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Any tips on how to reinstall this fuckin thing? Impossible to get the clips in without bending them and I have no clue how the sides are going to fit back behind the wires without potentially cutting them...

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
The bit below? Found if the clips are lined up perfectly it went back on easy, there should be no wires in the way?

Louiekaps

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 Golf TDI
I’ve removed mine about a half dozen times now and I have been thoroughly impressed how easy it comes off and goes back on.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Yeah, as above, I’ve recently had this trim off to install a new emblem drain tube and found it easier than expected!,had a bit of trouble getting those side parts in but with a bit of patience it wasn’t too bad considering I’d not removed it ever before, just in case you’re not, you do need to take off the trim pieces either side of the glass to make it easier as it fits underneath those, I didn’t have any trouble lining the clips up!

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
It is hard, but once you find the right angle and method and get the wires out of the way it should pop in fairly easy!