GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear fog light help - non reverse light wire hack

2.0Low

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone know how to code the rear fog without the reverse wire hack?

I have a 2015 GTI and retrofitted mk7.5 tails and front fog lights awhile back. The tail harness I have isn't easily modded to have the fog work (JBale ver.1), so I chose to run a wire from the BCM, direct to my rear tail.

So far, I've run a wire from pin 72 on connector "A" from my BCM to pin 7 on my inner tail. I was advised by JBale that pin 7 was the correct one for this harness. I've also checked off "light switch with rear fog" in central electrics via VCDS.

From my understanding, I now need to activate pin 72 in VCDS but that parts in German. Any help activating this would be appreciated!

Attached is a photo I found on the forums (can't remember what one), that was made/posted by user DV52.

Attachments

• rear fog.jpg
    rear fog.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 3,170

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
My ‘17 has a retrofitted wire between BCM A72 and rear fog light too. I also have the sweeping MK7.5 tails and that’s my coding:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Added the yellow wire as the rear fog light wire.
9114B746-A738-4502-A019-5A550AB4A393.jpeg
28232D74-6B0D-47E8-9AAC-2F1ABEF9FA74.jpeg
3CD66D36-B80F-48A7-8FDA-4FEB211A11C5.jpeg
4A3DC281-9D6D-475A-AFC9-D3F636EBDCEA.jpeg
AA7EF0C1-6DC8-43F3-BE0C-B27C7BBDDE8E.jpeg
0D5FF9ED-5C6D-4B07-8BF4-784BFE7AF923.jpeg

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Only if you want to add the rear fog the European factory way.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I use the TE part# 1241374-2 for the connector to the tail light. For Leuchte26 at the BCM cavity A72 the same part # works as well. I have the terminals in stock, shipping a few terminals around the world doesn't make sense IMO. I recommend to get some free samples here: TE_get_free_samples

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Ugghhh, you guys are making me want to run the wire for the rear fogs on my car. I had planned to do it when I had the car torn apart for other stuff and it slipped my mind. But now that stupid light switch has the stupid icon for the stupid rear fog function that I stupidly didn't run a wire for 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ .

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Ugghhh, you guys are making me want to run the wire for the rear fogs on my car. I had planned to do it when I had the car torn apart for other stuff and it slipped my mind. But now that stupid light switch has the stupid icon for the stupid rear fog function that I stupidly didn't run a wire for 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ .
I have the switch in and don’t know if I feel like running the wire. It’s currently too hot to do it anyways.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Same here. Is there a switch that has Auto but front fog only? I guess there must me right, isn't that how most US spec cars with auto-headlights would be configured?

I retrofitted front fogs and will be able to do auto headlight soon. I finally made an appointment with SafeLite to replace my windshield, for lane assist specifically, but that also gets me the rain/light sensor. I installed the switch when I did front fogs and right now the Auto and Rear Fog functions are inop... it's really bothering me, haha.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Same here. Is there a switch that has Auto but front fog only? I guess there must me right, isn't that how most US spec cars with auto-headlights would be configured?

I retrofitted front fogs and will be able to do auto headlight soon. I finally made an appointment with SafeLite to replace my windshield, for lane assist specifically, but that also gets me the rain/light sensor. I installed the switch when I did front fogs and right now the Auto and Rear Fog functions are inop... it's really bothering me, haha.
There must be. Just like you said, the US spec LP cars would have them.

A word about SafeLite, I have seen several windshields leak from bad sealing work. YMMV of course, but something to keep in mind.