GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear Driver Side Window Wont Roll Up

crazzydew

Hey there,
I have a 2017 VW Golf TSI

I'm running into an issue where my rear left window won't roll down or up. I took off the panels and checked wire connections, I looked up what fuse to replace (thinking it was a simple fix) when I replaced the fuse I was able to roll up and down the window from the rear left door, but it wouldn't work on the driver control window switch.

After I turned off my car and came back (No more than 30 mins) the window was broken again!!! I noticed the window lock won't light up anymore on the driver switch either. When the window worked it didn't sound funny, and the track looks clean from debris. Any thought of what may be going on here.

I found this link, and this is what I pretty much did to troubleshoot. I didn't look a the window regulator, but I don't think I needed too because it doesn't sound weird.
https://www.archervw.com/service-maintenance-learn-reasons-power-windows-not-working.html
I'm starting to think the switch is bad, but I'm not sure because it's working on all the other windows except for the rear left.

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
You got vcds to scan? Sounds like you're getting intermittent power or ground to the left rear door or switch. I have an extra rear door switch in the garage. I don't know if it works. Happy to send it if you pay postage.