GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

rear diffuser for mk7 gti

OG McGibblets

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI
the aerofabb is no longer available (not for sale)
i am deciding right now between the strafe designs v4 OR the ecs/i-sweeps gloss black one

wondering if anyone can shed some info about fitment and quality.
thanks

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
I'll be as helpful as possible before this thread goes sideways...

ECS and Strafe are both very polarizing companies.

Main issues with Strafe are their lack of communication, extended lead times, and fitment issues. Main issues with ECS are their lack of communication, subpar packaging/damaged goods, and fitment issues (on ECS branded products).

An ISweep diffuser should fit fine, it's not an ECS product and every report about it that I've read has been positive. And I have personally not had an issue purchasing from ECS. So I feel comfortable enough recommending you go that route if you're hellbent on picking one of those two.

There are other diffusers out there but if you're like me, none of the MK7.5 options are particularly appealing. I'm also very particular.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'll be as helpful as possible before this thread goes sideways...

ECS and Strafe are both very polarizing companies.

Main issues with Strafe are their lack of communication, extended lead times, and fitment issues. Main issues with ECS are their lack of communication, subpar packaging/damaged goods, and fitment issues (on ECS branded products).

An ISweep diffuser should fit fine, it's not an ECS product and every report about it that I've read has been positive. And I have personally not had an issue purchasing from ECS. So I feel comfortable enough recommending you go that route if you're hellbent on picking one of those two.

There are other diffusers out there but if you're like me, none of the MK7.5 options are particularly appealing. I'm also very particular.

I won't speak to their other products, but I haven't heard of a single person (myself included) having an issue with their rear diffuser. Fitment is perfect, installation was a breeze, quality is questionable (haven't had it long enough to know), but so far I have no complaints.

There is a thread on it here.

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
tell me more please. is this your product? how come i never saw this before?!
tbh looks clean and assuming it will look diff than pictures (if powdercoated black)?

my understanding is alum is not the best metal for powdercoating, anodizing would be the smart choice
This is my product, you never saw it before because I just launched it tonight lol

I've been in the metal fabrication industry for 10+ years, I've never had any problems with powder coating aluminum :)(y)

OG McGibblets

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI
This is my product, you never saw it before because I just launched it tonight lol

I've been in the metal fabrication industry for 10+ years, I've never had any problems with powder coating aluminum :)(y)

lol no time like the present i guess...
can't wait to see pics of it finished in black.
can you post installation info or video please?

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
lol no time like the present i guess...
can't wait to see pics of it finished in black.
can you post installation info or video please?
Install instructions will be included when shipped. It is VERY easy, I’d be surprised if it took anyone more than 15 minutes (including finding your basic tools) 😆