GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear differential as a jack point

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
Car(s)
milfs
Just saw a post where somebody had that new safe jack renn shit. Looks good, except $300 shipped for two jack stands, when I have a pile of like 8 of the cheap ones already makes me sad inside.

I used to jack up my mustang from the diff. Aluminum case and IRS, didn't hurt it at all. It's not like these cars are unobtanium, just have the part number ready for the cover and gasket if you fuck it up?

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
I don't think its recommended so personally i wouldn't risk it. I'm jealous of my friend with a WRX who has jack points at the front/rear of the car which looks way easier.

I just rage bought the Audi jack pad kit. I guess that solves my problem.

It's not too expensive especially if you order from E-Acca. I've had it in my car just not sold on it yet lol. For others these are the part numbers i have written down, double check before you order it.

Code:
Audi jack pad kit
~59usd = 77cad (plus shipping)
(1x) - 8V0825271 - Outer Trim Left Side
(1x) - 8V0825272 - Outer Trim Right Side
(2x) - 8V0804631B - Rubber Bungs
(1x) - 8V0802845 - Jack Socket Left Side
(1x) - 8V0802846 - Jack Socket Right Side
(2x) - 8V0802847A - Audi Wedge Pads Rear

GTIgolfmark7

Pretty sure I seen someone on FB cracking the housing this way, think it was an MK6 though read it year ago
Not recommended either way!

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
I have been using a HF low profile jack with a piece of 2x4 on the jack cup and lift it at the sub-frame right where the pendulum mount is (so shove the jack in from the front of the car). This lifts the entire front end up. For the rear, I have a hitch so I just use it as a lift point to get the rear up in the air. I use the pinch weld jack spots for the jack stand locations.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Wasn't Paul a master tech also? I swear I've heard he was, but not entirely sure. I've gotten some good advice from him but as others have said, he does have some sketchy stuff mixed in as well. He means well, but it something doesn't look right, use common sense. Also, he is always available to talk on the phone if you have any questions regarding products as well as videos. Nice to be able to reach out to him in such an easy manner.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
This thread gave me PTSD. Last week I was lowering my car down from my quickjack and one side was going down slower than the other and car started to slip off. I ended up using the rear diff as a jack point in this emergency situation with a wood block to distribute the load and it worked fine. It does suck there isn't a good rear, center jack point.

Navi

Autocross Champion
so what's your take on the quick jack? I'm stuck between quick jack or ez car lift. I keep hearing issues about the quick jack going up or down uneven as well as fittings starting to leak and the car getting stuck in the air. Of course all of the people I ask with the quick jack are like "oh it's ok, their customer service isn't that bad and it only takes a week or two to get the right pieces sent out and to fix it." I would like something more reliable than that though lol.