GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear differential as a jack point

vw671

Autocross Newbie
I’ve done clutches, TBE on FWD & AWD, suspension, brakes, engine/transmission mounts, FMIC...basically all of the standard mods plus a ton of fabrication on my QuickJack.

It’s a great tool and mines DC powered so I can literally take it anywhere (track days, friends house, wherever) and it’ll run off the cars battery.

With that said I’m buying a two post lift, but for most people that’s not an option. I feel like 90% of people here would be happy with a QJ.

As for safety and stability as mentioned above just use common sense and do your routine maintenance and checks on it like anything else. I stack both blocks basically every time I’ve used it, with no issues in that respect. Even my wife’s Kia Sorento (replaced by a Suburban now) was no problem for the 5000# model. I’d never put the Suburban on it, but my two post will handle it no problem.

I agree the QJ is great for almost everything...with the exclusion of the DP :ROFLMAO:

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Sure, but you can get under the car from the front or the back. Unless the QJ didn't go high enough, or the DP ends up hitting the QJ as you're trying to remove it (if it needs to swing to the side or something), I'd think the QJ would be fine.

Yes you obviously can, but with jack stands you don't have to. Plus to get the DP out you have to corkscrew it out the side where the QJ would be blocking. I'm sure you can do it on a QJ but even if I owned a QJ I just wouldn't use it for a DP job...IMO. But you do what you want..LOL

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Yes you obviously can, but with jack stands you don't have to. Plus to get the DP out you have to corkscrew it out the side where the QJ would be blocking. I'm sure you can do it on a QJ but even if I owned a QJ I just wouldn't use it for a DP job...IMO. But you do what you want..LOL

It does look like Humblemechanic did an AWD DP removal on a Quickjack. I think that's all I need for me to buy one haha.

It's Sam

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
X3 M40i
To add to a question that has already been answered, I did my second downpipe swap last night, and you don't have to sway it left and right as much. There's enough wiggle room and flex in the stock downpipe that you can get it out within a reasonably confined space. I've never been under a car with quickjacks, so I can't give much in terms of how much space you have, but you really need height off the ground more than anything.

I did mine on a set of 2 ton stands relatively easily, having the QJs would likely be much easier!

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
I ended up ordering the Quickjack from Costco. Having the peace of mind while getting under the car is worth $1k to me.

vw671

Autocross Newbie
To add to a question that has already been answered, I did my second downpipe swap last night, and you don't have to sway it left and right as much. There's enough wiggle room and flex in the stock downpipe that you can get it out within a reasonably confined space. I've never been under a car with quickjacks, so I can't give much in terms of how much space you have, but you really need height off the ground more than anything.

I did mine on a set of 2 ton stands relatively easily, having the QJs would likely be much easier!

You don't have AWD to contend with.;)

It's Sam

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
X3 M40i
1475178704903.jpg

Please remind me to read posts before making my own...?

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
I just got the QuickJack today and set it up and tried it for the first time.

Holy crap, why didn't I get one ages ago? I almost cried tears of joy watching all 4 wheels come off the ground at once.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I’ve been using rhino ramps and jack stands for FMIC, DP, oil changes, etc. I have noticed some of the lift points are starting to curl a bit on the corners unless this is just what they look like once the rubber gunk peels away from around them. For such an easy to maintain car, VW sure did make jack points an afterthought .