GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear cabin rattle

DeuceMcgee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S DSG
So yesterday I figured out what exactly has been rattling in my rear passenger cabin area. Thought that the video might be helpful to post here for others. Will pull up the bench and sound deaden when I have a day off. For some reason it wont let me embed the video so here is a hyper link: Rattle Video

AJ2202

Ready to race!
For months I have been hearing that same rattling noise and I always thought it had something to do with the rear shock mounts after mounting my suspension. I take my GTI to check to the mechanic and he always told me that the mounts and shocks are perfectly installed. It’s so frustating because the noise continues every day. I'm definitely going to check the seats now after watching this video. Hoping to find the problem once and for all.

DeuceMcgee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S DSG
Hope this helps you. when I first heard it I double checked my rsb. Then it wouldn’t really happen when I sat in back while my spouse drove because it was weighted down. Thought I was going to lose my mind till I bumped the bench putting a box on the floor and then the light bulb moment occurred.

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
For some time i thought the rsb links or rear shock mount were loose. Double checking them the noise was still there. The culprit was…..
Rear seatback latch/ hoops. Grease.

SAPGTI

Ready to race!
OMG. I'll need to check this. It's been bugging me for months. Some sort of rattle from the rear right side. I haven't really spent any time trying to track it down, but it could totally be something stupid like that.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I went through a similar scenario a while back- kept hearing what I call "bad harmonics" or just strange humming noises in the rear of the vehicle. Researching on this forum I found that you can install a "silencer" in the rear subframe that come factory on the MQB Audi cars, but of course fits our car as well. This one item was a drastic change in my car in interior cabin noise. Install is easy as well.

Here is a link to the thread on this forum about this: credit Golfdave
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...c-damper-from-the-audi-a3-saloon-2013.369369/

DeuceMcgee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S DSG
@EpicTech did you order your from online or go to your local audi dealer?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Mine was making racket but it was where the rear seat back latches onto the little post that holds it. Some Tessa tape solved it completely. Was only rattling on one side but did both as I assume it would just be a matter of time before the other side started rattling. Drove me nuts for weeks before I found the cause.

DeuceMcgee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S DSG
Mine was making racket but it was where the rear seat back latches onto the little post that holds it. Some Tessa tape solved it completely. Was only rattling on one side but did both as I assume it would just be a matter of time before the other side started rattling. Drove me nuts for weeks before I found the cause.
Thanks for sharing Kevin! That is also a common rattle issue in the MK7.5's (mine included).