GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear bumper lights

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
Ok so figured it all out. Popped off the old reflectors they had 3 push tabs that wasn't to hard to get to. Put new ones in. Removed outer light housing. Ran wire up the bumper into taillight area. Got a screw and 4 washers to hold reflector in bumper. Led reflector has round pegs where bumper set up for square. Connected black wire to brown wire red to grey and white to purple. Let the yellow disconnected. Soldered all connections and wrapped in tap put all back together. Check make sure wiring was correct and everything worked the way it was supposed to.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
20210103_151353.jpg20210103_170410.jpg here a couple of pics to see how they look.
20210103_151353.jpg
20210103_170410.jpg
20210103_151353.jpg20210103_170410.jpg

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
I like them. They change the look and add an extra safety feature to the rear. They are really bright too you can see the light on the ground if you are behind the vehicle and they on or when you put it in reverse and the camera comes on you can see the output from them.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Interesting, I like anything that will help keep people from rear ending me again, it's not fun! Question, why no 3rd brake light?

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
The third brake light should be working the other pics are with the lights just on ill try to get a couple other pics after i get off work with the brakes lite up and turn signal. Have the 5 brake light mod done but i guess now it would be the 7 brake light mod.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Sounds like this was a pretty straight forward install. They look pretty good as well. Thanks for posting the link. I may snag these up.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
Yeah it was pretty straight forward thought it was going to be worst then what it was after getting the extra screws and washers i needed took me less then an 30 min to do

LVE2DRV

Passed Driver's Ed
I was looking at these myself a few months back. Was trying to figure out how to use them as a rear for ONLY in bad weather.
On full bright, do you need to run all the wires or just specific one? Do they have a dynamic scroll feature ?

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
They don't have dynamic scroll feature. If you wanted to use them as a rear fog light like you could just run the wires to a toggle switch or something similar. The lights have 4 wires I only hooked up 3 of them so you could probably just hook positive and negative up to some switch to have more control when they come one.

LVE2DRV

Passed Driver's Ed
They don't have dynamic scroll feature. If you wanted to use them as a rear fog light like you could just run the wires to a toggle switch or something similar. The lights have 4 wires I only hooked up 3 of them so you could probably just hook positive and negative up to some switch to have more control when they come one.
Is there a setting/wire that made them fully light up instead just outline led like in one of the pics

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
There was an extra yellow wire but I didn't connect it to anything. The LEDs only go around the edges of the light so it's kinda outlined. Not enough room in between the two rows for more LEDs.