GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear Adjustable Spring Perch / Coilover collars

EVILAUDI

Ready to race!
Good day all,

I'm looking for sources for those adjustable spring perches that come with most 60mm ID spring coilover kits. I'm also looking for alternative platforms that may also have perches we can use on the MQB.

So far the least expensive reasonable option I've seen are the Solo Werks found on EBAY. At $80 these aren't really inexpensive for what they are.

I understand there are differences between platforms but I'm simply looking for something that will seat over the nub on the rear frame.

Ground Control offers a kit but it commands a high price. It looks like they put the adjuster on the bottom... that seems different.

I've search and found some posts from full blown kits like H&R but never just the rear perch which you think would be all over ebay. If you have a source please share, if you are currently using a kit with an adjustable rear perch it might be helpful just to see how each option differs so feel free to post a picture. As mentioned I'm also interested in alternative kits for a BMW. Thanks in advance!

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S
Out of curiosity are you running the Ohlins and the included perches are causing a issue?

I was looking at the Ohlins R&T for when I get a R.

EVILAUDI

Ready to race!
Out of curiosity are you running the Ohlins and the included perches are causing a issue?

I was looking at the Ohlins R&T for when I get a R.
I had travel issues with my Ohlins and thus returned them. Now I’m purchasing shocks that do not come with rear perches and springs. I have a plenty of springs so I only need the perch.

EVILAUDI

Ready to race!
Long story short ... the Ohlins MQB shocks do not offer much ability to lower the ride height. If you use all of the lowering available you will have limited bump travel. Keep in mind I drive a TTRS and even though we all have MQB cars there are significant differences in OEM shock lengths and fender gaps. If you check out the shock tower modification thread you will get more info as I found that one of the biggest issues was the camber plate I chose. Keep in mind lots of people have stated that on this platform there are issues with the ability to lower the car.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The ohlins can only be run at stock ride height, from what we're all hearing.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S
The ohlins can only be run at stock ride height, from what we're all hearing.
Yeah, looks to be that way. Ride height or close to it. Granted Ohlins aren't for those looking to be low imo... They are top tier performance coils.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah, looks to be that way. Ride height or close to it. Granted Ohlins aren't for those looking to be low imo... They are top tier performance coils.
The point of buying coils is to lower the vehicle to increase handing. Ohlins you set to the preload they want and you never ever deviate from that. This means you're stuck at stock +-5mm for life. Not even close to worth the money. They had multiple issues with the original beta tester cars in NA with ride height, bottoming out, harsh ride, etc.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
One of us is running Ohlins, and therefore able to speak from experience. One of us is not. Dude, if you don't know what you are talking about, which is generally true for just about any subject you opine on, then just STFU. And quit stalking me, freak.

Can you lower the car more than .5in without issues?

That's a legitimate concern, even if he is jerk about it.

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
Can you lower the car more than .5in without issues?

That's a legitimate concern, even if he is jerk about it.

Well, he is saying that 0.5" is lower than these coilovers will go and is calling me a liar. I don't take kindly to being called a liar and I will defend myself.

When my shop contacted Ohlins prior to my going with the product they indicated that 0.5" is the maximum amount of ride height adjustment on a Golf R. Since I am running 265/35R18 tires, it is also as low as I can go without rubbing. If you want to go more than 0.5" lower than stock then look to another product.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Well, he is saying that 0.5" is lower than these coilovers will go and is calling me a liar. I don't take kindly to being called a liar and I will defend myself.

When my shop contacted Ohlins prior to my going with the product they indicated that 0.5" is the maximum amount of ride height adjustment on a Golf R. Since I am running 265/35R18 tires, it is also as low as I can go without rubbing. If you want to go more than 0.5" lower than stock then look to another product.

Good info, thanks.