GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RE: Stage 3 SBClutch Daily Install

6Speed7

Car(s)
2015 GTI S
Hello all. Very long time lurker, 1st time posting.
I do work for the owner of South Bend Clutch, and was gifted a Stage 3 daily driver clutch kit w/flywheel at near cost, after mentioning I had been saving for one once I realized who I was working for.
My 2015 GTI S is my baby. I do all my own maintenance and I initially wanted to do all of my own work but have realized that is not going to happen due to lack of access to lift.
I purchased an I-ABED RMS kit, as it's always a suggestion here to preventatively update when doing clutch.
Can anyone else make any suggestions or give any advice regarding supporting or other essential work that should be addressed when I bring it in for this project? I believe the SBC kit includes a slave cylinder...will the stronger clutch be fine on stock master?
I am by no means wealthy, and this is a big project for me and I just want to make sure I maximize the depth at which I'm having my car dug into, and want to ensure I'm not creating issues or stress.
It's my daily driver, and I am just hesitant due to bad experiences with shops in past, but believe I've found a respectable shop for the install, but as much as I spend here reading, I am an amateur at best.
Thanks in advance for any help!!

6Speed7

Car(s)
2015 GTI S
Make sure you replace all the TTY bolts.
EDIT- I found a kit. Does this basic kit seem appropriate?
https://www.hstuning.com/transmission-installation-hardware-kit-mk7-gti.html
Is there somewhere I can find a list of the onetime use hardware, or is there a kit somewhere?
More so, I was wondering will the stock master cylinder be sufficient for the new pressures or does that not change?
Also, I'm at 42k mileage, is there any other wear items that would be accessed in the process that could warrant replacing or inspection at a minimum? I just want to maximize the labor of going that deep into drivetrain.

Last edited:

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
EDIT- I found a kit. Does this basic kit seem appropriate?
https://www.hstuning.com/transmission-installation-hardware-kit-mk7-gti.html
Is there somewhere I can find a list of the onetime use hardware, or is there a kit somewhere?
More so, I was wondering will the stock master cylinder be sufficient for the new pressures or does that not change?
Also, I'm at 42k mileage, is there any other wear items that would be accessed in the process that could warrant replacing or inspection at a minimum? I just want to maximize the labor of going that deep into drivetrain.

I did this install not too long ago. The most important TTY bolts are probably the trans mount, transmount bracket, dogbone mounts, and all the included flywheel/pp bolts.

You will need a very long 6mm hex. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VX0RI3S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Make sure you have triple square extensions and sockets.

I replaced my DP while I was in there. You can do a clutch bleeder delay valve delete, short shifter, trans mount while you are in there. All of which I recommend. I didn't get to do the transmount since mine didn't arrive but whatever just did it another time and gave me opportunity to make sure everything was properly aligned.

Your master cylinder will be fine.