GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

rattling noise at takeoff or low rpms

Tyrant2

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys been noticing a sound that almost seems like rattling from the engine bay in particular while taking off and at low rpms the sound is there for a few seconds and will only appear at the conditions mentioned, i thought knocking at first but the sound is different.

its been a long time since I've been in a 4cyl car so am not sure if this is a beginning of a problem or just normal behavior.

would appreciate any experiences or insights, thanks.

BlackRabbit7

Passed Driver's Ed
Dont have it really! only at take off seems abit weird but why dont you take it to the dealership! since they're keeping an eye out for anything that might go wrong with the new GTI.

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
No rattle in mine,

I thought I had a rattle once, turned out it was my shades in the sunglasses compartment lol.

I would take it to the dealer and have them check it.

drummerh

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine does it too, intermittently. Don't know if it's the same thing or not, but very specifically happens at or close to 1000 RPM and sounds a bit like a whirring sound behind the dashboard somewhere, but it's audible if you lift the bonnet. Mine happens on the left hand side as you look at it, and I've been to the dealer a couple of times about it.

This only happens when the aircon is on and stops as soon as it's turned off.

Finally, last week the dealer pinned it down to the clutch in the aircon compressor being faulty, so they have ordered a replacement and are fitting it next week.

GTI Brazil

It is just a missing Clip!

I had a Jetta 2.0 TSI and Bettle 2.0 TSI, both with this problem. This noise come from the wastegate vibration during low RPM. The VW engines does not have a clip originally used in the Audis with this engine, that avoid such noise. This is a stupid cost reduction that makes the engine sounds like a old bettle.

To solve this its just purchase this clip and yourself install it in 5 minutes.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/Clip_Rattling/ES2210978/

My GTI MK7 doesnt have this problem however I have a spare clip for future use if necessary.

Cheers !!