GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rats

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
Hope it works, but as I found out the hard way, the only truly effective method of blocking unwanted garage vermin attacks (in my case cats) is to physically ensure they cannot get in. Means going round and round your garage with a torch and blocking each and every hole. I was informed any hole a pen will fit through, a mouse can also fit through and rats can and prob would knaw it bigger, cats too, and could gain entry. Seems the war of protecting cars against animals continues.....

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
Plus it's far from funny if animals attack your expensive car, and / or leave their 'calling card' all over it, and it needs to be stopped. Hope it never happens to posters but if it does, believe me, if it does it will certainly interest you....

Last edited:

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
Because The Fed frequents here the most and is passing on some info for conversation? Just guessing.

Sure, it probably belongs in Off Topic/Misc. but it's easy enough to ignore if it doesn't interest you.
They are easy enough to ignore but have been wondering why here since there is an off topic forum for these kind of posts.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I think it was MonkeyMD who had the issue with a chipmunk chewing through his wiring. I have neighbors who had squirrels chew through wiring. We're in a rural area with plenty of critters. I won't park my outside overnight for anything. I rent a car when the roads are being resurfaced. I'm 32 miles from my dealer and I'd rather pay a couple of hundred to rent a car than to pay for a flatbed and repairs.

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
Very same here tho I'm 8 miles away from the dealer, in addition to mice, rats & cats we see a lot of deer, badgers, rabbits & foxes; though rarely those last 3 at the same time for some reason ;) . I use a garage anyway, one of the few in our area that, as I don't take the car to work to avoid damage from clumsy van & truck drivers, one guy had an almost brand new motorbike flattened by a delivery truck. Best advice to protect cars: keep them away from people & animals, can be tricky at times....

Last edited:

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
After taking advice I spread dog mess & urine, rat poison, engine oil, lemon juice and also onion skins + orange & lemon skins around & underneath my car. Didn't do a thing, cats still entered garage, left 'calling card' on my car and I caught one cat actually eating the lemon peal, seemed to enjoy it in fact. Physically keep 'em out, the only way to be sure. Good luck....

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I think it was MonkeyMD who had the issue with a chipmunk chewing through his wiring. I have neighbors who had squirrels chew through wiring. We're in a rural area with plenty of critters. I won't park my outside overnight for anything. I rent a car when the roads are being resurfaced. I'm 32 miles from my dealer and I'd rather pay a couple of hundred to rent a car than to pay for a flatbed and repairs.
Not me. Had to think about it.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
All my cars have been hit by mice. The A3 got it the worst as they destroyed the hood liner. I found a chicken bone on the top of my battery once.

rats1.JPG

rats3.JPG

IMG_4082.jpg