GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rare Ara S3 Vortex XL build

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Well I’m a dipshit. That blue stuff is painters tape. All this time I was chasing a boost leak because I was “losing” 4-5 psi between the sensors. Turbo putting out 28. PUT seeing 28. Manifold seeing 24. I remember when it happened. I was draining coolant and covered the pipe with tape so the coolant wouldnt get in the pipe. Then later my dumbass started the car with the tape still on that pipe it broke the tape and started. I thought oh fuck but I was fairly certain I had all the pieces. I just went out for some logs and I’m seeing 28psi in the manifold now. And it drives like a different car. Only makes sense that the pressure builds up in the pipe because of the tape but it’s not letting it into the manifold.

Attachments

• CE876072-F5B4-45BB-920D-2891D555E403.jpeg
    CE876072-F5B4-45BB-920D-2891D555E403.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 109
  • BF630C36-E03E-4224-BC0C-7046635CA25B.jpeg
    BF630C36-E03E-4224-BC0C-7046635CA25B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 112
Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Well I’m a dipshit. That blue stuff is painters tape. All this time I was chasing a boost leak because I was “losing” 4-5 psi between the sensors. Turbo putting out 28. PUT seeing 28. Manifold seeing 24. I remember when it happened. I was draining coolant and covered the pipe with tape so the coolant would get in the pipe. Then later my dumbass started the car with the tape still on that pipe it broke the tape and started. I thought oh fuck but I was fairly certain I had all the pieces. I just went out for some logs and I’m seeing 28psi in the manifold now. And it drives like a different car. Only makes sense that the pressure builds up in the pipe because of the tape but it’s not letting it into the manifold.
I admire your honesty. Sounds like something I would do.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI

And I was not surprised when I found it in there.
I’ve woken up in the middle of the night wondering if it was possible.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Dunno bout that KR tho

Attachments

• 9434989B-C455-4773-A455-A12A97BF964E.jpeg
    9434989B-C455-4773-A455-A12A97BF964E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 91

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Well I’m a dipshit. That blue stuff is painters tape. All this time I was chasing a boost leak because I was “losing” 4-5 psi between the sensors. Turbo putting out 28. PUT seeing 28. Manifold seeing 24. I remember when it happened. I was draining coolant and covered the pipe with tape so the coolant wouldnt get in the pipe. Then later my dumbass started the car with the tape still on that pipe it broke the tape and started. I thought oh fuck but I was fairly certain I had all the pieces. I just went out for some logs and I’m seeing 28psi in the manifold now. And it drives like a different car. Only makes sense that the pressure builds up in the pipe because of the tape but it’s not letting it into the manifold.
Need the face palm emogi for this one.

Dunno bout that KR tho
Is that knock only in 1st gear or do you get knock across all the gears?

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Need the face palm emogi for this one.

Is that knock only in 1st gear or do you get knock across all the gears?
Check out the logs. It was like one degree for a moment in the 4th gear pull. And again in the 2-4 gear pull. Both times cylinder one

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
With a built block, you shouldn't be seeing any knock at all.

News to me. What would built bottom end have to do with knock?
I’ll have to see what nicks next revision says.