GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rare Ara S3 Vortex XL build

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
IMO Spulen + can of your choice. Any chance you'll have this out at the shop C&C on the 26th?
Wasn’t aware. But I work. I might make it happen.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Can anyone confirm the APR leak tester will fit a hybrid ?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
You may have an issue with your WG.
Ok so in November I ordered the XL with a calibrated actuator. Just now I read posts about doing an adaptation on the actuator. Something I was never told. So does that apply to me or is that only when guys have to adjust their own?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Ok so in November I ordered the XL with a calibrated actuator. Just now I read posts about doing an adaptation on the actuator. Something I was never told. So does that apply to me or is that only when guys have to adjust their own?
You shouldn't have to do the adaptation if your WG came calibrated. Unless it has changed which would be unusual.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Nick at EQT looked at my logs and said I have a boost leak. He said check between the IC outlet and the throttle body. Also possibly manifold or PCV.
the target boost and manifold reading are not equal.

You shouldn't have to do the adaptation if your WG came calibrated. Unless it has changed which would be unusual.
Ok well that’s a weight off of my mind.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
This is what I know.
it runs fine. No errors. If I wasn’t logging I wouldn’t be aware of a leak. I tested and didn’t fine anything leaking but I did tighten all clamps. It’s possible I didn’t pressurize high enough.
What I don’t know is how detrimental the leak is to completion of tuning.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
This is what I know.
it runs fine. No errors. If I wasn’t logging I wouldn’t be aware of a leak. I tested and didn’t fine anything leaking but I did tighten all clamps. It’s possible I didn’t pressurize high enough.
What I don’t know is how detrimental the leak is to completion of tuning.
How many tune revisions have been done so far? Since you tightened everything why don't you capture another log and send it to Nick and see what he thinks?

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
How many tune revisions have been done so far? Since you tightened everything why don't you capture another log and send it to Nick and see what he thinks?
So far I have received 2 revisions. Was waiting on a third when I received the bad news. Was going to send them off but it sucks waiting so long to hear back just to find out yeah you still have a problem.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
And it was calibrated correctly for the upgraded sensors? Perhaps go back to stock sensors first with an updated file as a sanity check?
I’m on stock sensors