GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Random Questions/Quirks Thread

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
Doesn't appear to be a thread for just general, not really a whole thread needed type questions. I have a few to start us off.

When unlocking the doors using the door handle, how do I make it open the rear doors? I've had it work exactly twice, every other time I've had to open the door and hit the switch.

Question the second. Is a oil catch can really necessary? And will it actually stave off the carbon buildup in the valve train?

Davey Jones

Ready to race!
That door question is a good one. I've had to hit the actual unlock button on the front door every time to open the rears.

I've also found that I can't open the hatch with the engine on, regardless if I walk to the back with the key fob.

pbrunts

08 Rabbit
Car(s)
mk7 Golf R
When unlocking the doors using the door handle, how do I make it open the rear doors? I've had it work exactly twice, every other time I've had to open the door and hit the switch.

If you go into your car settings on your head unit, you can change your keyless entry settings to open all doors, both doors on the side you are unlocking, or just the door you are trying to unlock.

I have mine set up to open all doors because, well, why not?