GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Radio problems

Jonny P

Hi I’m hoping you can help with the problems I have on my 55 plate golf match. The Bluetooth menu is full of connected devices and I want to connect my new phone. I’ve tried deleting the old phones and adding the new one but next time I turn the engine on all the old ones re-appear. The same happens when I try changing the radio presets. I’ve tried factory reset but the next time I turn the engine on everything reappears! I’ve removed the fuse but when I put it back all the old presets are still there. I’m wary of leaving the fuse out for too long so I don’t need a radio code (do they still exist?!!)
Thanks

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG

Jonny P

Have you checked the owners manual in case you’re missing a step when deleting? Unless it’s a typo you say your car is a 55 plate 2005-2006MY, if so you may find more help here, https://www.golfmkv.com/forums/index.php?forums/in-car-entertainment-and-electronics-audio-vide.60/
If you meant to type 65 plate then maybe edit your post. ?
PS. The head unit is linked to the cars VIN so there is no code to enter if you leave the fuse out.
Thanks what an idiot yes it’s a 65 plate!!!! ??‍♂️

Jonny P

Have you checked the owners manual in case you’re missing a step when deleting? Unless it’s a typo you say your car is a 55 plate 2005-2006MY, if so you may find more help here, https://www.golfmkv.com/forums/index.php?forums/in-car-entertainment-and-electronics-audio-vide.60/
If you meant to type 65 plate then maybe edit your post. ?
PS. The head unit is linked to the cars VIN so there is no code to enter if you leave the fuse out.
Thanks for the reply. I’ve double checked the manual and there is hardly anything on deleting. So if I leave the fuse out for longer will it wipe the radio settings?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Thanks for the reply. I’ve double checked the manual and there is hardly anything on deleting. So if I leave the fuse out for longer will it wipe the radio settings?

No the radio always remembers the presets. What do you mean by plate?

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Once deleted the BT connections should not reappear unless you re-pair them. Makes no sense. Pull the battery cable.

Jonny P

Once deleted the BT connections should not reappear unless you re-pair them. Makes no sense. Pull the battery cable.
Ok thanks do you mean disconnect the battery from the cables and then reconnect it? Will that cause anything else to go wrong? I guess removing the fuse didn’t disconnect the electricity from the radio? You may have guessed but this isn’t my area of expertise! ?

Jonny P

Ok thanks do you mean disconnect the battery from the cables and then reconnect it? Will that cause anything else to go wrong? I guess removing the fuse didn’t disconnect the electricity from the radio? You may have guessed but this isn’t my area of expertise! ?
No it makes no sense, something is clearly wrong if the factory reset doesn’t wipe everything

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Disconnecting the battery definitely won't get rid of the presets. I doubt it will the bluetooth pairings but I don't know for sure on that.