GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RacingLine Golf MK7 Oil Cooler

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Totally agree.
HE’s allow for a quick warm up. Running without a thermostat makes street driving trickier. It can be done as long as you block off the cooler to reach the appropriate oil temp. I’d always recommend running a thermostat for that reason alone.

Last edited:

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
I have sourced a Chinese counterpart for the sandwich adapter and oil filter adapter.

Please let me know if this is all I need- from here can source my own company cooler and AN lines.

Also, has anyone mounted this on the passenger side fender? The Golf R already has a coolant cooler on the passenger side in front of the fender, but on the manual transmissions the drivers side is open.

picture for reference:

Attachments

• 9A9341EA-8186-4903-B27F-FDD0FA0B7BA0.jpeg
    9A9341EA-8186-4903-B27F-FDD0FA0B7BA0.jpeg
    56.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I’m assuming you want to mount in the Driver side fender?? The passenger side has the Auxiliary radiator.
The Driver side just means a long run of hose, but it will work.

Somewhere in this post @Navi has mounted his oil cooler in the fender. It may be in his thread too. I follow to many threads. He has a GTi and has mounted the oil cooler in the Passenger side fender.

You will need:
1) Oil Cooler 16-row fits easily. I’m going with a 19-row but am using banjo fittings & mounting upside down to make it fit.
2) I like Setrab. Great quality for reasonable price and Marv at Setrab USA provide good service and advice.
3) -10 Hose (you have a longer run)
4) AN10 fittings
5) Oil Filter
6) Some sort of oil cooler mount?
7) You can get a different oil cooler core similar in size to the Aux Radiator. Rough dimensions 8x11”
8) You may need 06L-115-678-Q

D26CE4BC-9BC0-4315-9773-F61144023BC7.jpeg
7E49A7DE-9FE5-4DBA-9146-C3287D114026.jpeg

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
The passenger side Aux radiator mounting bracket is P/N# 5Q0121093FD. The Driver side part number should be close. Adapt it to the oil cooler install. Should make for a secure OEM style fitment.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
Last edited:

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I have a regular GTI. Someone else will need to chime in.

That bracket appears to be the steel version. I have the plastic version for my Auxiliary radiator install and it’s about half the cost of the steel.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I have sourced a Chinese counterpart for the sandwich adapter and oil filter adapter.

Please let me know if this is all I need- from here can source my own company cooler and AN lines.

Also, has anyone mounted this on the passenger side fender? The Golf R already has a coolant cooler on the passenger side in front of the fender, but on the manual transmissions the drivers side is open.

picture for reference:

Would you mind sharing your source?

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
Would you mind sharing your source?
Yes, I’m still working out pricing. Let me iron that out and I’ll get back to you.

It’s looking like pricing for the sandwich and an fitting adapter will be around $200 shipped.

Last edited:

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
I have a regular GTI. Someone else will need to chime in.

That bracket appears to be the steel version. I have the plastic version for my Auxiliary radiator install and it’s about half the cost of the steel.
I think I’ll just bend some custom brackets and mount it to the frame. I would need to get creative to make a setrab cooler fit there anyways, so why waste the $130 on the OEM option when I have to fab up brackets.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yes, I’m still working out pricing. Let me iron that out and I’ll get back to you.

It’s looking like pricing for the sandwich and an fitting adapter will be around $200 shipped.

That's reasonable.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
That's reasonable.
How many people are interested in the adapter + AN fitting. I can try to get a discounted rate if I can get 10+ buyers.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
Ok- the adapter is $150
The adapter with a thermovalve is $230.

sending link over shortly

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Ok- the adapter is $150
The adapter with a thermovalve is $230.

sending link over shortly

Thermostat or a similar valve to the VWR?

I think you'd be better off with a real Thermostat.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
Manufacturer said thermostat and sent me this pic. This would be like the Setrab unit Navi has.

Attachments

• 56E63DF2-26BC-4D5B-96A5-6A1252CC80F8.jpeg
    56E63DF2-26BC-4D5B-96A5-6A1252CC80F8.jpeg
    169.3 KB · Views: 92