GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RacingLine Golf MK7 Oil Cooler

normcaldwell

Go Kart Newbie
Easy fit in design.
I assume the oil filter now switched to a screw on canister?
Would it be a cannon part?

I don't know for sure; but I would expect that the canister would still work with the stock oil filter stick and slide-on filter.
I wish the site had an installation manual to download.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
:D
I don't know for sure; but I would expect that the canister would still work with the stock oil filter stick and slide-on filter.
I wish the site had an installation manual to download.

The new filter part looks like it would have a small center threaded hole to screw on. Wishing I could reuse my CTS finned oil filter cover but I think not.

Last edited:

tripleS

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI PP \ 16 GT4
I'm guessing it'll end up being around $399 or thereabouts. Most of the VWR parts are nice, but can be pricey (see the AOS). But let's thank the lord it won't be made of carbon fiber and end up being around $600.

How high are folks seeing oil temps go on track with the typical stage2 or IS38? I've seen mid-250s completely stock, not sure if much higher would be cause for alarm.

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
I'm guessing it'll end up being around $399 or thereabouts. Most of the VWR parts are nice, but can be pricey (see the AOS). But let's thank the lord it won't be made of carbon fiber and end up being around $600.

How high are folks seeing oil temps go on track with the typical stage2 or IS38? I've seen mid-250s completely stock, not sure if much higher would be cause for alarm.
Stock power in July at Sebring - oil temps can reach 270+.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
I wonder if you can snake an extractor tube down the hoses to suck out oil during an oil change. But then, how do you fill it? The oil in the hoses and cooler doesn't drain back into the sump. I would guess there is at least 1/2 qt of oil in the hoses and cooler.

Around $400 would be nice, but I suspect it will be higher.

Last edited:

normcaldwell

Go Kart Newbie
Sub'd, will read up on this later tonight. I suspect they plan to release a similar system for the DSG too.

I'd be interested as well in a DSG cooling product designed for the MK7 GTI.
Doesn't the R already have an auxiliary DSG oil cooler?

I wonder if you can snake an extractor tube down the hoses to suck out oil during an oil change. But then, how do you fill it? The oil in the hoses and cooler doesn't drain back into the sump. I would guess there is at least 1/2 qt of oil in the hoses and cooler.

Around $400 would be nice, but I suspect it will be higher.

Yeah, it might be that the 1/2 quart, along with some oil at the bottom of the filter canister, will be mixed in with the fresh oil. I change my engine oil rather frequently, so I think it would be o.k.

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
That looks very nice, if below $400 it would be hard to say now, but I think that is a very very slim probability.

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
My guess is closer to $700. I hope I’m wrong.

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSX-Rs
Just came across this on their site. Looks pretty good.
Probably pricey; but may be a good thing for the track.

https://www.racingline.com/golf7oilcooler

In lieu of VWR import rumors, maybe you already found this set up....looks like a bad dream to install.

iABED Industries oil cooler.jpg

Performance numbers read very good tho.