GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Racingline CatchCan Review (Disappointment)

fredo

Car(s)
Golf 7 R HGP 480
100% sure: it is oil smoke. Just disassembled the CC and put the original back in. No issues ...
No visible leaks anywhere. This is really very puzzling and Racingline is not responding to my questions ...

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
100% sure: it is oil smoke. Just disassembled the CC and put the original back in. No issues ...
No visible leaks anywhere. This is really very puzzling and Racingline is not responding to my questions ...

If you ordered with a credit card just dispute the charge. They'll respond then.

Sorry for reviving an old thread - I thought I'll just add my experience.

So I have a 2016 Golf GTi Clubsport with 75000km / 46600miles with upgraded IS38 turbo and all the goodies. Making around 420-430whp & 550nm-570nm depending on the dyno.
But before I installed the upgraded hybrid IS38 turbo - I purchased a VWR Catch Can from a local distributor (www.vagcafe.com) - kit is great quality - no smoke, no oil leakage...I believe I purchased the revised revision of the kit (I'm quite lucky because I didn't actually know there were revisions).

But since installing the VWR Catch Can - the cold mornings startup has been poor / rough. It doesn't always "blip / rev up" like it used to. Once the vehicle has been running for plus / minus 5-10min...it will "blip / rev up" every single time without hesitation when switching the car on and off. Anyway...installed the OEM PCV back - no startup problems whatsoever. It "blips" every time with cold startup. So initially I thought something was wrong with my car but I have numerous friends with Golf 7R's that also has the exact same problem after installing the VWR Catch Can System.

So my question is - what causes this? And does anyone else experience similar cold startup issues after installing the VWR CC system? Some pictures of my ride / build can be found here https://www.instagram.com/rommiesgp/

Madrv1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
You did get me paranoid so I did a good inspection of it today. Clean on all counts. I do have the latest version. I plan on resealing or least inspect everything before a track day. One failure in the design is going with a shiny black on the deep stick. I pulled half a Gatorade bottle and couldn't tell if it was time to extract the terrible coffee substance.