GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Racing stripe prep

ToddMS

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf TSI SE
I bought my golf a couple months ago as a certified unit and it had a couple dings on it. One was a deep scratch on the hatch door (see below). I’ve always heard that if you’re doing a wrap you need to get rid of imperfections before wrapping or they will show through the wrap. I was thinking of doing a racing stripe to cover this imperfection, but don’t want it to look worse after. At the same time I don’t want to spend the money to have a body shop fix and respray it. Give me your thoughts.
0C5F1745-0622-4D72-B824-6C8DECD8188D.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
It's true that vinyl will NOT fill in any cracks/scratches and you will be able to see them through the wrap. Depending on the color of the wrap, it might hid it, but agree with getting match perfect paint to fill it in. That's a big one too....I'd actually consider getting that hatch resprayed.

ToddMS

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf TSI SE
I got some touch up paint just afraid how it would look on that long of a scratch so I haven’t messed with it. I was thinking of doing a German colors stripe. Kind of like this but a little thinner:

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
^that would look pretty good. place it on so the scratch is under the border of two colours and I bet you won't notice the scratch unless you really look.