GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R888R vs ?

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Ahh well damn. Was thinking the pic was the sizes available in them. Looks like they’re for the G2. Don’t really care for those.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Not sure for drag racing but for road course, I've seen the nankang AR-1s run 4 seconds faster that r888s in a lap. The new nankangs are no joke. I just ordered the NS-2rs which is a 200tw tire supposedly really sticky and good heat management

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
That is a huge difference in grip. Was that at VIR?

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Not sure for drag racing but for road course, I've seen the nankang AR-1s run 4 seconds faster that r888s in a lap. The new nankangs are no joke. I just ordered the NS-2rs which is a 200tw tire supposedly really sticky and good heat management
4s? No, I just can't see that happening. Most of the ar1 to R888r comparisons I've seen are about 1s apart on shorter course and about 0.5s on faster courses. http://speed.academy/100-tread-wear...he end, the Nankang,first half of the corners.

200tw to a Hoosier is about 4s the first weekend and then falls off to 3s by the 10th heat cycle. That's for typical 2.5mi circuits. 3s is nothing to scoff at, still.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
I don't doubt what you're saying. The data in the video legitimately showed a 4 second difference but I don't think it was all tires. Ive seen a lot of 1 second differences like you said so I would feel comfortable saying they're a second or 2 better

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
That is a huge difference in grip. Was that at VIR?
It wasn't VIR it was another random track. I cant find the video now but it was a s2000 they were driving

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Well, looks like I went full send. Bought all mounts, UM Haldex Flash, and 4 Hoosier DR2’s. Ouch.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah, around the end of 2019. Didn’t hit the strip once last season.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Will mostly hit up the 1/8 and no prep events, positive its running a whole lot better now than it was on my 10.9 pass though.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Scratch that. Ordered the Hoosiers to later find out despite being “dot rated” they’re banned from the class. Said it was too much of a “cheater slick” Back to original plan, R888R’s in the mail. 🙄