GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R888R vs ?

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Have haven’t looked into those besides the RE-71R. I’ll check them out.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
I run the Potenzas for summers. They have great traction for street use.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Have haven’t looked into those besides the RE-71R. I’ll check them out.
Was it not you who liked the Federal ST1 for street use? I have been pleasantly surpriced with how grippy my PS4s in 235/40 18 can be with the right pressure and some heat in them.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Was it not you who liked the Federal ST1 for street use? I have been pleasantly surpriced with how grippy my PS4s in 235/40 18 can be with the right pressure and some heat in them.
Yeah, they have been great. Actually have a new 2nd set on there now. Those are the tires I cut a 3.08 0-60 on in the street. Just adding some more mods and also went from 30psi to 34psi so want something more “aggressive” to be positive I hook at the strip

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
What about a set of Nitto Drag Radials?
I used to cut decent 60’ on the old 555 DR when I used to drag race- they weren’t too bad for daily driving if I recall. I think they have updated versions? NT01 or NT05R?

The other DR I used to use was the BF Goodrich Drag Radial- even stickier and softer sidewalls, but a horror in the rain for daily.

Last edited:

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
0876B0F8-E397-4FD2-8CF6-72B57689D80C.jpeg

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
With Nitto, there used to be the 555 (UHP Summer) and the 555R (Drag Radial). They had similar tread patterns- just the sidewall stiffness and compound stickiness was different if I recall. R was the only difference.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
I’ll keep researching. Might just buy a set of 17’s for the summer.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Been watching vids on the 555R2’s. Think that’s going to be a better tire than the 888R for what I need them for.