GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R2D2

chrislane31

Passed Driver's Ed
I thought I already had a thread, but no. Picked up this TDI SEL 6 speed when my B7A4 Avant finally died just shy of 300k miles. The TDI did not get much at first, but finally got around to doing a bunch of stuff.

Euro shirt shifter
GTE Hybrid front calipers (Stock GTI Size so I can still run 16" snows)
ST XA coilovers set to about 3/4 stiff
bunch of OEM front end suspension maintenance
and wheels as of today, for now
Fifteen52 18x8.5 et45 Apex's in Frosted Graphite on the drivers side and with blue caps
Fifteen52 18x8.5 et45 Chicane's in Silver on the passenger side
225/40/18 Potenza Sports
Will probably swap out to some Fifteen52 RSR Holeshots in 18" early next year.

Working on some better pics. The Apex look amazing in person, but hard to capture in the shade or sun with a phone.

chrislane31

Passed Driver's Ed
Nothing that new, but did do the timing belt/water pump/etc and new rear brakes. Just winter wheels on it for now.

I have been trying to find a new shift knob and boot for a long time and thought I was set on the Sportshifter, but wanted a boot as well. Found an Alcantara shift knob and boot for a decent price to try and hopefully it does not raise the knob that much. I will post pics and measurements when it comes in.

19birel

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
Looking good! Love the blue accents and different wheels on each side.

300k out of the B7 Avant is impressive too! My B8.5 is at 117k, I would love for it to last to 300k haha

chrislane31

Passed Driver's Ed
Looking good! Love the blue accents and different wheels on each side.

300k out of the B7 Avant is impressive too! My B8.5 is at 117k, I would love for it to last to 300k haha

Thanks. The blue accent with continue with the shift knob and boot. Might see about finding a manual Golf R steering wheel as well. Just cant stand most of the overly aggressive steering wheels out there. A stock gold R will probably be fine.