GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R vs ST

likkleindian

Go Kart Newbie
Well considering an RS goes for what....40-50k and to make 500+whp you'd need to then turn around and spend another 10k on upgrades...you are now 60k in the hole? I bet this guy purchased this ST with a blown motor for almost nothing, swapped in a built motor and AWD setup in his garage over a two year period and didn't spend 60k on the build. Probably closer to 20k.

Edit: Oh, and he now has a badass one of a kind car, not an RS people wouldn't take a second look at.
This^ plus what a lot of people don't consider is a project like this the cost is spread out over time and probably spent in small increments rather than the large layout to buy a new/newer model car. People who do this too usually have parts laying around from previous builds.

With similar HP, weight, no-lift shift and better launch control it is interesting to watch how the DSG gains on every shift.

Oh and I've been watching Officially Gassed for awhile now, he does some nice content.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
O.G. is a great channel

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
This^ plus what a lot of people don't consider is a project like this the cost is spread out over time and probably spent in small increments rather than the large layout to buy a new/newer model car. People who do this too usually have parts laying around from previous builds.

With similar HP, weight, no-lift shift and better launch control it is interesting to watch how the DSG gains on every shift.

Oh and I've been watching Officially Gassed for awhile now, he does some nice content.
If you like OG you'll like Throttle House.