GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R vs BMW 650i

Cytokine

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 LSG 6MT Golf R
I think my car has the Coronavirus!
Last night I was out on an "essential" trip, sitting at a left turn light behind a BMW 650i, not sure what year, but new-ish. Advance light turns green and I suspect he was going to punch it, so I'm ready. He swings wide and I kept a nice tight inside line and punch it...all I hear is his V8 roar and he is GONE! WTH?

I'm all stock, so I never expected to win, but figured I could at least keep up a bit, not even close. He just disappeared. Dam that thing was quick.

Anybody else run with a 650i? Do I need to get my car swabbed for COVID?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Twin Turbo 4.4L V8 and you thought you had a chance. Maybe you should get swabbed lol. Jk. Those big body Beemer and Benzitos move out.

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Twin Turbo 4.4L V8 and you thought you had a chance. Maybe you should get swabbed lol. Jk. Those big body Beemer and Benzitos move out.
Beemer is for their bikes, Bimmer is for their cars

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Stg2 ECU and TCU tune probably would have helped. Stock for stock, it's no real surprise the 6-series blew your doors off.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
They are pretty damn heavy. Guaranteed he had a tune with bolt-ons.

You’d be surprised. I’ve spent many miles in an Audi A8 L Sport which is quite heavy, but with the 4.0TT motor that thing MOVES OUT. I don't think it would have any issue at all waxing a (stock) Golf R from a roll or a dig. I doubt the BMW is much different.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Audi A8 Standing ¼-mile: 12.4 sec @ 113 mph

Yeah, a stock R wouldn't hold a candle to that, dig or roll.
Stock R traps are around 100-103mph right?