GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R to 8Y RS3

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Got an AWE switchpath on order today. I guess they're built to order, so maybe in about a month I'll see it.

They're built to order, but that shady website happens to have one sitting around?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
They're built to order, but that shady website happens to have one sitting around?
IF they actually had one it obviously wouldn't have been coming from AWE, at least not directly. I dunno, but AWE price matched the shady site so my order was placed with AWE.

I don't remember the site saying how many units they had in stock until I put it in my cart and entered my info. Then they emailed me about there being 2 in stock, and a couple hours later I got a new email saying they had 1 stock. Plus the text message they sent to my phone saying they had 1 on deck.

I get a kick out of this kind of thing showing up on the site. They really try to sell you with the FOMO.
1687296779119.png

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
IF they actually had one it obviously wouldn't have been coming from AWE, at least not directly. I dunno, but AWE price matched the shady site so my order was placed with AWE.

I don't remember the site saying how many units they had in stock until I put it in my cart and entered my info. Then they emailed me about there being 2 in stock, and a couple hours later I got a new email saying they had 1 stock. Plus the text message they sent to my phone saying they had 1 on deck.

I get a kick out of this kind of thing showing up on the site. They really try to sell you with the FOMO.
View attachment 284199
BOB FROM SANTA FE JUST BOUGHT AN AWE SWITCHPATH EXHAUST

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Car is home

PPF is done. Tint is done. Tuxmats have arrived.

I can finally enjoy this thing.
Gonna break it drive or drive it hard right away? Everyone seems to do their own thing here. lol

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
Gonna break it drive or drive it hard right away? Everyone seems to do their own thing here. lol

I've done some research on this. It seems that Audi breaks in these engines before they arrive at the dealership. RS cars, specifically.

What I've read lines up with what the dealership told me. Technically, no break in period. I plan to do a mix of driving, easy to spirited. 80/20 mix. This is what I did with my Golf and never had an issue.

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
So... after living with the car for roughly a month, I can say this.

The performance is mad. Switching the car into RS mode just turns it into an angry beast. Just wants to go. Feels provoking to blow past anything in your way. Really takes some serious self control in this car. Riding around in "Auto" or "Comfort" feels criminal, like I'm doing the car an injustice. I finally hit it on the highway the other day from around 70mph. Definitely pulls like an upset child after being told "no." Kinda squirrels for power (in an exiting way), can feel the AWD system sorting things out, then holds the line.

All in all, I miss my Golf for the practicality and utilitarian benefit. It was easier to drive at a lower overall volume and suited everything I needed a car to do. Aside from that, I'm in love. Need to figure out a solution to get my bike from point A to B. Haven't looked at options yet, but based on the way the rear bumper is designed, I don't think a stealth hitch, or any rear hitch is possible without some serious modification / cutting of the rear valance. I'm not into that. Most likely, I'm going to end up looking at roof racks, which I'm not excited about either. Will have to figure it out.

Last edited:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
If you ever get an exhaust it'll get really angry. It is crazy how good these cars sound without any of the factory resonators or muffler.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
So... after living with the car for roughly a month, I can say this.

The performance is mad. Switching the car into RS mode just turns it into an angry beast. Just wants to go. Feels provoking to blow past anything in your way. Really takes some serious self control in this car. Riding around in "Auto" or "Comfort" feels criminal, like I'm doing the car an injustice. I finally hit it on the highway the other day from around 70mph. Definitely pulls like an upset child after being told "no." Kinda squirrels for power (in an exiting way), can feel the AWD system sorting things out, then holds the line.

All in all, I miss my Golf for the practicality and utilitarian benefit. It was easier to drive at a lower overall volume and suited everything I needed a car to do. Aside from that, I'm in love. Need to figure out a solution to get my bike from point A to B. Haven't looked at options yet, but based on the way the rear bumper is designed, I don't think a stealth hitch, or any rear hitch is possible without some serious modification / cutting of the rear valance. I'm not into that. Most likely, I'm going to end up looking at roof racks, which I'm not excited about either. Will have to figure it out.
You have an rs3
Who gives a shit about bicycles anymore. Enjoy it. Happy for you dude.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
This may fit the bill if you’re not keen on a traditional crossbars type rack

Sea sucker “racks”
It’s what I’m using on the R since no one can sort out where to cut our diffuser. Works great, stable deep into extra judicial speeds and works with any axle. Only real pain is they don’t have a very good front wheel carrier, less of an issue for you sedan folks though.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I’ve seen these before. Pretty cool. Wonder about potential issues with panel flex or scratching. I’d obviously clean the surface before installing the suckers.

Actually, thinking through this a bit more, it would likely be applied to the glass pano roof.
You’ll still have the rear wheel holder on the painted roof though. The suction cups come with covers. I just quick detail them and the roof any time I install them. My 35 pound mountain bike does deflect the panel an impressive amount though.

Oops, my turn to think about it, I bet you could run the front mount back far enough to stick the rear wheel carrier on the rear window, you’d just need to be careful about pedal strike, but the rack does come with a strap to hold the crank to the chain stay.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
These cars are so much more fun with an exhaust. Revving it in neutral and videos do it no justice cuz it's amazing driving it. The 3 people I've taken for rides have said, it's like a super car, it's like being a lambo, and it's like a video game. It's the awe switchpath so it's basically straight piped unless you close the valve.

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
You’ll still have the rear wheel holder on the painted roof though. The suction cups come with covers. I just quick detail them and the roof any time I install them. My 35 pound mountain bike does deflect the panel an impressive amount though.

Oops, my turn to think about it, I bet you could run the front mount back far enough to stick the rear wheel carrier on the rear window, you’d just need to be careful about pedal strike, but the rack does come with a strap to hold the crank to the chain stay.

My road bike is like 16 lbs. Prob closer to 15 with the front wheel off. I've seen the sucker mount in action on other cars. The amount of deflection was pretty gnarly from what I witnessed. Would be the largest deterrent.