GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R to 8Y RS3

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Yes, DSG R.

Thinking this through and talking financing right now. Interest rates suck. The price of the car sucks. Insurance goes up. Staggered wheel setup, so tires will be $$$ and need to be replaced more often. Need to tint & PPF. Lose the convenience of the hatchback (I'm an avid road cyclist and can fit my bike in my car right now).

Lots of things against me.

I'll have a very sizable down payment, but even so, the MRC will be more than my Golf was after a sizable chunk of cash. I'm finding that when I paid 38.5k for my 7.5R @2.9% in 2019 (brand new), I got an absolute steal. Never thought I'd be back in the position to buy a car nor did I want to be shopping in this absolute dog fight of a market. Near perfect credit and I'm look at a 5-7% rate. That's bonkers. My Tiguan has a 0% finance because I bought it during Covid. Free money.

I've got some thinking to do. Give up the convenience of a significantly more utilitarian car in exchange for one of the best engines the world has ever seen? But that also comes as a cost.
Logically thinking has no place in these rooms. We are only here to encourage more power which always cost more money.
I love the RS3 but would only buy one if it came in a 5 door in the states. I love a hatchback.
As far as cycling, check out SeaSucker mounts if you’re not familiar. I won’t put a trailer hitch on my GTI.

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
Logically thinking has no place in these rooms. We are only here to encourage more power which always cost more money.
I love the RS3 but would only buy one if it came in a 5 door in the states. I love a hatchback.
As far as cycling, check out SeaSucker mounts if you’re not familiar. I won’t put a trailer hitch on my GTI.

You should check out the stealth hitch. A great alternative for those who don't like the look of a rear hitch.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
I love the RS3 but would only buy one if it came in a 5 door in the states. I love a hatchback....

I think if the RS3 Sportback would have come to the States I may have gone for it over what I recently replaced my R with which is a F87 M2 Comp.
Although, I really wanted to get back to BMW, manual and RWD, so don't know if it would have been enough to sway me. The M2 still has a lot of old school BMW soul in a modern package, and may be last of its kind. Can't say the same about most of the other cars in BMW line up and their design aesthetic is just horrible on so many of the cars (i.e. new G87 M2)
I definitely spent way more $ vs R (m2 comp used market still is insane), however, I actually did take a step back in power dept....510whp with the R vs 410-ish whp with the M2C. I traded straight line speed for more driver involvement/experience and rowdy, tail happy fun.

My last day with the Golf.

She's leaving at 3pm PST.

Sad day.
Congrats on the new RS3! I was right there with you on the day I sold my R. Lots of blood and sweat into mine with how modded it was. Ideally I would have kept it but wife. 2 cars is limit
Driving off w its new owner a couple months back.....

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 2.01.10 PM.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Got a call from Audi. Car should be here earlier than expected. Likely the 7th, so possible pickup early as Wednesday or Thursday.

Stoked to say the least.

@sterkrazzy after giving up waiting after 7 months or whatever

congratulations-middle-finger.gif

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
Signed for the car on Wed and got to spend some time with it in the delivery bay.

Wasn't able to take it home because tint was backed up. Will be picking the car up on Monday.

I'm looking at the service schedule and considering other options like Audi care right now. Not sure yet. Also forgot to take pictures 😫

I'll report back on Monday.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Signed for the car on Wed and got to spend some time with it in the delivery bay.

Wasn't able to take it home because tint was backed up. Will be picking the car up on Monday.

I'm looking at the service schedule and considering other options like Audi care right now. Not sure yet. Also forgot to take pictures 😫

I'll report back on Monday.
How's that new car smell?

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
You should feel bad. How does this happen?
I was focused on the process. Trying to decide if I bring the car home and then back to the dealership for tint. Didn’t want to deal with the hassle, and didn’t want to wait for the car if I brought it back for the tint job.

Ended up being much easier to just leave the car there until everything was set. I’m hoping they call me tomorrow, but it’s looking like Monday at this point.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
I was focused on the process. Trying to decide if I bring the car home and then back to the dealership for tint. Didn’t want to deal with the hassle, and didn’t want to wait for the car if I brought it back for the tint job.

Ended up being much easier to just leave the car there until everything was set. I’m hoping they call me tomorrow, but it’s looking like Monday at this point.

cool that your dealer does tint. I always have to waste a day dropping the car off and managing logistics, and it always ends up being a wasted weekend day. Easier to just let the dealer handle it prior to pickup.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Doubt they do tint. Probably will take out to a shop. Not point stands that you don't have to deal with logistics

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
How do you guys feel about the driving experience R or GTI vs RS3.

The YouTube channel I watch which does car test drives feel the RS3 is slower as a daily car. He says going in and out of traffic you got to be a higher RPM. Where as when he tested the S3 or Golf R is was more fun to drive daily. I'm guessing since it's a smaller Turbo it's snappier down low.

How would you guys compare the driving experience from the R to RS3?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
How do you guys feel about the driving experience R or GTI vs RS3.

The YouTube channel I watch which does car test drives feel the RS3 is slower as a daily car. He says going in and out of traffic you got to be a higher RPM. Where as when he tested the S3 or Golf R is was more fun to drive daily. I'm guessing since it's a smaller Turbo it's snappier down low.

How would you guys compare the driving experience from the R to RS3?
Although the R, S3 and RS3 are all out of my price range... I would just like to say high RPMs are a deal breaker for me :LOL:.
<<<< Drives a TDI