GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R noises (soundaktor disabled)

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
So this is my first AWD car and first gasser since 2011 and I'm noticing a few things. All good things mind you, but I just want to be able to put a label on everything.

Running in sport mode with the flaps open, the exhaust note is amazing, and as I put more miles on the car is starting to finally open up a bit more.

When hard on the throttle, there is what sounds like a gear whine, is this from the Haldex or is that just how the turbo sounds in these?

I honestly can't hear the turbo spool up.

For those of you that still have the soundaktor enabled, I suggest turning it off and giving the car a week without it. You won't go back.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
If you pull the rubber off around the firewall you will hear the turbo.

Per the soundaktor, is it something we can disable or only dealership???

Just pull the plug, if you search there are a few posts on how to do it. You can use VCDS or ask a dealer but it is too much fafffing about on something that will never be used so I just used the 2minute option and pulled the plug.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
I'll keep mine plugged in. It scares the passengers. ;)

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
I'll keep mine plugged in. It scares the passengers. ;)

I have mine on 60 % level. Changed it via VCDS. With the extra sound of the CTS intake it was to much, also for the passagers :)!

/Peter

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
I love my soundaktor . Pisses people off that ride with me!

FULL VOLUME PLEASE!!!

GolfRBlue

Ready to race!
I have no problem with the sound of my car stock. I could care less that it is an artificial sound...my car sounds good to me!

Mostly, I enjoy driving my car with the stereo cranked and I truly enjoy the sound of the Fender Audio System in my car!

Personally, I think it is one of the best sounding "stock stereo systems offered" for cars in this price range. My .02

schwabo

Ready to race!
I disabled mine Friday night and took the car for a nice 200 mile trip and to be honest, the soundaktor was a distraction. The car sound plenty loud and good without it.

GolfRBlue

Ready to race!
I do understand those that choose to disable the soundaktor, but I think it sounds fine in my car......no unusual buzzes, etc...
Anyway, for those that dislike it....disengage it by all means.

spessx

Ready to race!
Sounded too much like it was trying to be a WRX with the soundaktor. Honestly, it sounds much more refined without it. I'm leaving mine unplugged for good.

wardpr68

Passed Driver's Ed
One thing I have noticed, and Golfs with soundaktor and a cracked windshield seem to rattle. I believe the way the system works, it bounces sound off the windshield to resonate sound (or something similar). If the windshield is cracked it will ruin the sound and create a rattle.