GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quickest way to drain your fuel tank?

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
I'm fairly sure that the fastest way to drain the tank on an MQB car is to get an IMS1000 kit. I bet you can watch the fuel gauge drop almost as fast as the speedo rises

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
That's a lot for a new sticker. I only have to pay my guy 1 Benjamin and I'm good to go.

In AZ they go by the value of the car. My first year registration on the GTI was $550. It goes down every year after that. Just paid the start of the third year for it and it was $450. Insurance rates are high also. Mine is $2000 per year.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
wouldn't it be easier to just syphon it out of the spot where gas is filled.
They also sell this, if you don't like the taste of gas
https://www.autozone.com/test-scan-...gU70L_9SuIZYse60c4RoCJrQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Try sticking a hose down the filler and let me know how that works out for you :).
Also i have a hand pump one to siphon fluids, and conveniently it doesn't work now, so i did the old school way. No gas in my mouth which was cool, but you still get the fumes and taste.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Normally I would say, pull the line off the hpfp, jumper the fuel pump relay...but I guess these probably don't have a simple relay with the fuel pumps being pwm controlled?

cb1111

Easiest way to get all the gas out of a car? Soak a rag in gasoline, stick it in your fuel filler pipe and light it up.

On a more serious note, how "empty" does the tank need to be? I can't imagine it needs to be drier than if you drive it until the low fuel light comes on.

Trying to syphon gas from a modern car isn't easy.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Florida is $75 a year. Georgia based on value, my STI was $450 first year in 2005. In CT, based on value, was $900 first year of my wife's A4 back in 2001.

Hotsky

Ready to race!
Why would someone put in ethanol if you don't have to?? People pay extra for top grade gas because (here) it doesn't contain any ethanol. That shit will mess up your car over time.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Why would someone put in ethanol if you don't have to?? People pay extra for top grade gas because (here) it doesn't contain any ethanol. That shit will mess up your car over time.

Ethanol has been in the gas in the US for years without any problems. How do you think it messes up cars?